- CLOs Battle Liquidation In Already Troubled Market. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;2/18/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the number of collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) in the U.S. that are facing liquidation. Among the financial providers who are liquidating their CLOs are UBS, Wachovia and Citigroup. Market experts are attributing these liquidations on the decline of prices. Moreover,...
- Banks' Self-Dealing Super-Charged Financial Crisis. Bernstein, Jake; Eisinger, Jesse // Pro Publica;8/22/2010, p19
The article focuses on the techniques applied by U.S. banks such as Citigroup Inc., UBS AG, and Merrill Lynch & Co. to avoid financial crisis during the time when the demand for mortgage-backed securities decreased in the market. It states that banks created fake demands for the products they...
- I-Banks Not Quite Springing Forward. C. J. C. // High Yield Report;3/31/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p2
The article reports on the credit crisis in the U.S. She states that March 20, 2008 made spring official, yet no credit market rebirth has appeared on the horizons. It is predicted that Citigroup Inc. will write down $13.1 billion for the first quarter of the year, $2.15 billion is from...
- UBS Group reclaims title of world's largest manager. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;9/3/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p15
Reports the claims of UBS Group as the world's largest money manager. Acquisition of PaineWebber Inc. by UBS; Importance of merger and acquisition activity in propelling money managers up the rankings; Rank of money manager firms.
- Comp Plan Strategies: Wells Takes Aim at Small Households, UBS Stays the Course. Welsch, Andrew // Financial-planning.com;12/17/2015, p1
The two wirehouses are taking different approaches in their comp plans for next year, with one aiming to herd its more senior advisors away from smaller accounts.
- Julius Baer Closely Guards Reputation. // American Banker;9/8/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 168, p12
The article reports on Julius Baer Holding AG. Julius Baer, a private bank, counts its reputation as an asset which it protects. Bernhard Hodler, chief risk officer for Julius Baer, is worried about the impact of the financial crisis on the bank's reputation which can extend into its credit...
- UBS COMBINES ITS FORCE. M.J. // Global Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the integration of the private banking operations of UBS Ag in Switzerland. Maintenance of market margins; Combination of administration and products; Marketing of hedge funds.
- Citi Returns to Retail with UBS Muni Deal. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;12/18/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34030, p1
The article offers information on a municipal distribution agreement between financial services firms Citigroup Inc. (Citi) and UBS AG as of December 2013. It states that the agreement will allow the clients of UBS to access issue products of Citi. It mentions that Citi had access to the retail...
- Citi Aims to Add 100 Financial Advisers. // American Banker;5/11/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 72, p2
The article reports that the Citigroup Incorporated financial company plans to hire more than 100 financial advisers and to reach 60 teams of brokers through the year 2013 for its personal wealth management group.