- What does the US election result mean for Australia? Caton, Chris // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2012/Jan2013, Issue 152, p34
The article focuses on the implications of the reelection of U.S. President Barack Obama to Australia including the prevention of a trade war between the U.S. and China and the lack of immunity of the country should the U.S. experience a recession due to the so-called fiscal cliff.
- Obama 'Modestly Optimistic' for Fiscal Deal. // Moderate Voice;12/28/2012, p11
The article reports on an announcement by U.S. President Barack Obama regarding a possible deal with Republicans to overcome the "fiscal cliff" crisis that could lead to a recession and impact global markets.
- An Age of Anxiety. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that the twenty-first century is described as an Age of Anxiety with the recession in the U.S. and hopes that U.S. President Barack Obama is the answer to its recovery.
- Can Obama Deliver on His Education-to-Jobs Proposal? Johnson, Fawn // National Journal;12/1/2012, p3
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's vision for a skills-based economy as he looks at education as the path to economic success. It refers to his dislocated-worker program that can serve as a jumping-off point to match recession victims with employers and efforts of lawmakers on a...
- Hypocrisy infull effect. Keene, David // Hill;4/27/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p23
In this article, the author discusses the polite demand of U.S. President Barack Obama to the businesses that have been adversely affected by the banking and financial reforms of the democrats to stand down and so the Congress can act without pressure from special interest lobbyists.
- Pro-family is pro-business. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/1/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 44, pP30
The author comments on the speech by U.S. President Barack Obama with regard to flexible hours and family-friendly workplaces which he delivered during the "Most Powerful Women Summit" held on October 5, 2010.
- Women's push reshapes workplace. Timmons, Sheila // Hill;4/16/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p20
The article reports on women's rights in the workplace in the U.S. and discusses steps taken by President Barack Obama for supporting women's professional rights.
- Big names step up in support of small business customers. Vanderveldt, Ingrid // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
The article says that small businesses in the U.S. are facing financial problems due to economic downturn and, recognizing their problems, many large companies are trying to assist small businesses. Small businesses play an important role in job creation and economic development in the country,...
- On Obama, Eyman, the financial crisis and the top two primary. Larsen, Craig // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p47
The article shares the author's views on the highlights of the 2008 U.S. elections and its impact on business in 2009. He believes that with Barack Obama becoming the next U.S. president and bringing in new people to the political system, a lot is expected from him, especially due to the ongoing...