Charged-up chassis changes
- Tanfield offered $104 million for SEV. // Access International;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article offers information on the offer to acquire Tanfield Group's stock and existing licence agreement in Smith Electric Vehicles (SEV).
- Smith purchases its U.K. parent. // Fleet Owner;Feb2011, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p16
The article reports that Smith Electric Vehicles US Corp. has signed an agreement to purchase its parent company, Smith Electric Vehicles, from Tanfield Group PLC. Following the move, Smith will have a 51% ownership stake in the global company, and it will be positioned for a potential initial...
- Dodge boosts truck prices $321 on its 2001 models. Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;10/2/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5897, p37
Reports the price increase of 2001 Dodge truck models in Detroit, Michigan. Rate of truck price increase; Information on the price of Dodge trucks as of October 2000; Details of the Jeep and Chevrolet Corvette price increase.
- Smith Electric Vehicles launches Newton Step Van. Krisher, Tom // Delta Automotive Report;Apr2012, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the launch of the Newton Step Van all-electric commercial vehicles from Smith Electric Vehicles US Corp.
- TANFIELD MOVING 'TOWARDS BREAK-EVEN' AS SALES RISE 24%. // Access International;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the revenue of Tanfield Group PLC for the first half of 2011 has increased by 24% to 24.2 million euros.
- TECHNICAL NEWS. // Motor Transport;9/8/2005, p8
Presents updates on motor transportation in Great Britain as of September 2005. Launch of an all-new electric van by Tanfield Group; Expansion of the truck range of Isuzu Truck; Retirement of Gordon Judson at Wm Morrison.
- Zero-Emission Truck Project Announced. // Beverage World;4/15/2009, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p84
This article reports on the plan of Smith Electric Vehicles (SEV) U.S. Corp. to assemble all-electric zero-emission commercial vehicles in Kansas City, Missouri. The new assembly plant is expected to create 120 jobs by 2010. Production of the zero-emission commercial trucks is scheduled to begin...
- Smith Electric Vehicles inks deal with Wanxiang in China. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p7
The article announces the partnership between Smith Electric Vehicles Corp. and Wanxiang Group that combines the former's platform vehicle designs with the latter's electric vehicle component technologies to develop, manufacture and market electric school buses and commercial vehicles in China.
- Major US corporations go electric. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Aug2009, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p13
The article evaluates the Smith Newton electric truck from Smith Electric Vehicles.