Stein speaks out
- Introduction: the global financial crisis. Blankenburg, Stephanie; Palma, José Gabriel // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jul2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p531
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including an article on the causes of the ongoing financial crisis and another on different pre-crisis developments.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Peru Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p29
The article focuses on the impact of the financial crises worldwide.
- About Crises, Competiveness and Globalization. MIHAITA, NICULAE V. // Journal of Organisational Transformation & Social Change;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
The article introduces various reports published within the issue, including one by Jon Tucker on how complacency regarding past financial meltdowns led to the current crisis, one by Karl Farmer on the contributions less developed nations can make to the global economy, and another by Prabhu...
- CRISIS! from Rich to Poor. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Odyssey;Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the financial crisis in the U.S. and reasons underlying the downturn in the country.
- The Global Financial Crisis and its Economic Repercussions. Breece, James H. // Emirates Lecture Series;2013, Issue 101, preceding p1
The article discusses the economic impact of the Global Financial Crisis, the causes for the duration and magnitude the great recession and the chain of events which led to the financial crisis.
- My Two Cents. Buys, Barbara; Jones, Phyllis // Principal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p8
The article presents answers given by two elementary school principals to the question of how the recession has affected schools.
- The Political, Cultural, and Economic Assault on Higher Education. // Communication Currents;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the global economic crisis on higher education in the U.S.
- States Slow in Tapping Aid From Education Jobs Fund. McNeil, Michele // Education Week;3/2/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p18
The article discusses the use of U.S. state education departments and school districts of the federal Education Jobs Fund program in addition to funds from the federal economic-stimulus program. The use of federal funds is discussed in light of the impact of the global recession of 2008 and 2009...
- Keeping Schools Safe During Tight Budget Times. TRUMP, KENNETH S. // District Administration;Sep2010, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p56
The article focuses on school safety in the U.S. in light of school budget cuts. The author offers the opinion that school districts and administrators cannot risk school safety and presents several roadblocks to drug and violence prevention in schools including the elimination of federal grant...