American LaFrance to consolidate its operations in South Carolina
- American LaFrance Opens New Headquarters, Plant in South Carolina. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Aug2002, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p6
Reports on fire apparatus firm American LaFrance's opening of its headquarters and manufacturing facility in North Charleston, South Carolina. Previous location of American LaFrance headquarter; Production of aluminum and stainless steel fire-truck bodies and MedicMaster-brand ambulances;...
- The safest plants in the trailer industry. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2015, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p45
The article announces the recipients of the plant safety awards for 2015 from the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association which include several manufacturing plants in the U.S. including Great Dane Trailers' plant, Heil Trailer tank manufacturing plant, and M H Eby plant.
- Operating safe trailer plants. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/1/2014, p7
The article announces the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association plant safety award winners including Great Dane Trailers with the general trailer manufacturer Category A award, and Manac Trailers USA with the most improved safety record award.
- Making a big splash. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the official opening of the American LaFrance manufacturing plant and museum. Detailed information on the `wet down' ceremony; What does the plant opening represents; Alliance between American LaFrance and Aerial Innovations.
- Piston tanks. Wilson, Charles E. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2011, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the development of Piston Tank Corp.'s assembly shop in South Roxanna, Illinois. It reveals that the new facility offers plenty of room for workers to assemble, maintain, and refurbish the patented piston trailers that are used to transport products handled in bulk. In...
- A new season. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2006, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the opening of a state-of-the-art truck-body facility by CM Trailers in Madill, Oklahoma. The reason behind the decision of the company to adopt powder-coating is explained. The process of truck-body manufacturing at the facility is described. The advantages of the...
- Con-way Manufacturing Receives 2014 Plant Safety Award from Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association. // TendersInfo News;5/30/2015, p1
The article reports that Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association has given the 2014 Plant Safety Award to Con-way Manufacturing.
- How to build tomorrow's products. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2016, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p4
The author reflects on the anticipated changes in truck body and trailer manufacturing. He believes that the changes in truck bodies and trailers will impact the plants that manufacture them and the job skills required for their creation. The integration of anti-lock brake system is noted as the...
- Vanguard targets the Southeast. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2016, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the manufacturing plant built by Indiana-based trailer manufacturer Vanguard National Trailer Corp. in Trenton, Georgia, as part of its effort to seek geographic leverage in the Southeast U.S. It is inferred that the company has built the plant that is designed to meet...