Firestone opens new air springs facility
- Joint venture ponders North American air springs plant. Sweeney, Chris // Rubber & Plastics News;9/9/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the consideration of Vibracoustic CV Air Springs GmbH whether it should establish a manufacturing facility in North America for its Blacktech and Aircruise lines of air springs. North America sales manager Jimmy Carter states that they need to have production on the...
- Untitled. // Automotive News Europe;9/20/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p8
Presents news briefs on the automobile industry in Europe as of September 2004. Contract awarded to Valeo Furukawa Wiring Systems to supply wiring harnesses for a commercial vehicle; Plan of Firestone Industrial Products to build an airpspring plant in western Poland.
- Chicago reverses the factory exodus but not the job loss. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 50, p9
Reports on the increasing factories and decreasing jobs in the factories in Chicago. Reasons for the same; Statistical data.
- Turkish factory sector growth hits 32-month high. // Regional Today;12/3/2013, p2
The article reports on the growth in the factory activities in Turkey in November 2013 and mentions trends in job creation in the sector.
- Air spring moves down in size. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics (1996);Jan97, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p18
Features the smallest air spring manufactured by Firestone Industrial Products Co. called the Model 2M2A Microactuator. Description of the air spring; Advantage of the air spring.
- Plastic Pistons. // Machine Design;08/06/98, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p117
Introduces fiber-reinforced plastic pistons from Firestone Industrial Products Co. Description of the product.
- Riding on plastic: Firestone's FRP piston. // Fleet Owner;May97, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on the fiber-reinforced plastic piston featured in Firestone Industrial Products Co.'s Airide air springs.
- LKQ adding 230 jobs in Nashville. // Memphis Automotive Report;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on the 230 job additions and movements in automobile repair parts distributor LKQ Corp.'s facility in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kohl's Stores created 600 jobs at distribution center. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;04/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p26
Reports that Kohl's Department Stores Inc. is planning to create several jobs with the construction of a distribution facility in Orange County, New York. Estimated number of jobs to be crated with the construction of the local distribution facility; Amount to be invested by Kohl's to construct...