WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE CAN HURT YOU: DO LATENT VIOLATIONS OF A RESTRICTIVE LAND USE ORDINANCE, EXISTING UPON CONVEYANCE, CONSTITUTE A BREACH OF THE COVENANT AGAINST ENCUMBRANCES?
- Zoning revamp's mission is protect old, promote new. Guthman, Jack // Crain's Chicago Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p11
Welcomes Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's creation of a commission to rewrite the antiquated 1957 Zoning Ordinance. Difficulty of the undertaking; Implications of efforts to restrain development for the commission's work; Key issues that need to be addressed.
- ZONING: VARIANCE ADMINISTRATION IN ALAMEDA COUNTY. Donovan, Thomas B. // California Law Review;Mar1962, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p101
Investigates the variance practices in zoning in Alameda County, California. Background of the local zoning law in California; Provisions of the Alameda County zoning ordinance; Applications of variance law in Alameda County.
- PRIVATIZING CREATION OF THE PUBLIC REALM: THE FRUITS OF NEW YORK CITY'S INCENTIVE ZONING ORDINANCE. Kiefer, Matthew J. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer2001, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p637
Traces the origins and evolution of the 1961 zoning ordinance in New York City and examines several privately owned public spaces which the ordinance produced. History and evolution of the zoning ordinance; Evaluation of the privately owned public spaces created since 1961; Implication of the...
- Get Ready for More of the Same. Hamilton, Lee H. // La Prensa San Diego;5/16/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p7
The author discusses the attempt of the local government to deal with a global issue by passing zoning laws and ordinances, in the belief that at least there are things done to address climate change's impact.
- Putting a Lid on It. // Governing;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p60
Reports on the decision of Chicago's city council in Illinois to update its zoning ordinance in 2000 in an aim to restrict developers from building condominiums in the area.
- Public hearing to address zoning changes, hiring... Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;11/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p6
Offers information on a public meeting at city hall to address the city's proposal to reorganize and amend the zoning ordinance and hire a consultant firm in Fort Worth, Texas. Agreement with the Burleson-based Municipal Planning Resources Group (MPRG) for a zoning ordinance amendment; Comment...
- Unintentional Redlining? Zoning Ordinances and the Living Wage. Wall, Patricia S. // Real Estate Issues;Fall2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the use of zoning ordinances to limit big-box retailers in inner cities of U.S. It is stated that the Chicago government opposed a proposal to raise minimum wage for big-box retailers within the city limits as a form of redlining. While the intention to raise wages is...
- New York Appellate Division Revives Challenge to Adult Zoning Ordinance. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;May2011, p83
The article discusses a court case which focused on the adult zoning ordinance in New York City. In the court case, For the People Theaters of NY v. City of New York, the New York Appellate Division ruled that the ordinance in relations to adult businesses like topless night clubs and video...
- Milford businesses balk at new licensing ordinance. Harrison, Sheena // Crain's Detroit Business;12/19/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p20
This article reports that business owners in Milford Township, Pennsylvania are upset over a new business-licensing ordinance that is slated to take effect in the month of January 2006 and will be used to make companies comply with the township's zoning regulations. A group of at least 40...