- Retail Report Card. // SGB;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p32
Presents tabular representations of the performance of sporting goods retailers in various categories in the U.S. in 2004. Price; Shopping intent; Service.
- SAS white paper: retail in 2014 - trends and winning strategies. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);2/10/2014, p7
The article reports the document published by the software company SAS focusing on the favorable circumstances available for the retail industry including value-added services and individual marketing strategies.
- We can help ease the pain. // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on how sport retailers can withstand recession. It elaborates the condition of the sporting good retailers which suffered from the economic crisis. It offers several suggestions that may help retailers survive the recession and make them well prepared for the...
- CAPITALIZING ON NEW CATEGORIES. DePalma, Kepley // TransWorld Business;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p26
The article discusses aspects of category innovation, as well as its implication for the action sports market. Among the best-selling categories in the market are watches, headphones, socks, and cameras. It notes the potential of micro categories to offer retailers opportunity to create a...
- Store design makes waves for Bass Pro Shops. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;9/10/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 13, p23
The article focuses on the business approach of Springfield, Missouri-based sporting and outdoor goods store, Bass Pro Shops. The chain store's store design is one of the key factors of its success. With its waterfront location, the store is said to be designed in a way that makes customers want...
- Just Rewards. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the motivation of sales associates in the sporting goods industry. Significance of customer service to the competitiveness of sporting goods retailers; Role of the store manager in motivating sales associates; Approach used by stores in motivating their staff such as Sales Person...
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Sport Chalet expands into Valley. Rodriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/12/2004, Issue 323321, p3
Reports on the plan of Sport Chalet Inc. to expand into the Central Valley area in California. Citation of increased profits for the retailer; Emphasis on offering value-added services; Focus on expanding and renewing the brand.
- SPORTING GOODS RETAILING: THE NEW RULES OF THE GAME. Dart, Michael // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p12
The article offers the author's insights on the new rules which can be considered by sports good retailers. The author mentions that making a neurological connection and compelling experience is one of the ways to make the brand stand out. The author states that preemptive distribution can be...