- Outside Sales. McCormick, Meghan // Indianapolis Monthly;Jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p52
The article reports that Kevin Huff and Gary Loy, the owners of the shop Nurpu River and Mountain Supply, in Noblesville, Indiana, want to provide clothing, shoes, and technical gear to people interested in pursuing outdoor activities. Nurpu draws outdoor enthusiasts from Marion and Hamilton...
- Kim Walker. Wadyka, Sally // Real Simple;Jan2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
The article presents information on Kim Walker, store owner of Outdoor Divas, a store in Colorado, selling outdoor recreation gear for women. Walker sells things including skis, snowboards, running shoes, and sunglasses, all designed specifically for women. She says, she opened the shop to cater...
- Untitled. // In-Store;Feb2004, p6
Reports that She Actives, a sports and outdoor store for women, is preparing to launch its first store in London, England's Covent Garden in March 2004. Format created by design group Judge Gill; Magnetic wall.
- WHAT'S SELLING WHERE. // SHOT Business;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p53
The article features several stores that sell equipment and supplies related to shooting, hunting and outdoor recreation in the U.S. It mentions that St. George, Utah-based Dixie Gun and Fish, with its 500 guns in stock, has kept its four employees busy. It also states that Montpelier,...
- EXTREME DIVA. Tuschman, Sari Anne // FN: Footwear News;8/1/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 31, p136
Features the Outdoor Divas sports gear retail store for women in Boulder, Colorado. Views of owner Kim Walker on the increasing need for women's gear; Challenges in outfitting and equipping athletic women; Information on the footwear brands sold at the store.
- Navigate Any Challenge. // Backpacker;May2010, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p65
The article features several gears that will served as guides and safety equipment for backpackers during their outdoor recreation.
- Top Shops. // Backpacker;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p16
Presents information on various outdoor recreation stores in the U.S.
- Gander Mountain Plays to Win. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p30
Features Gander Mountain, a hunting and outdoor equipment and supplies retailer in the U.S. Number of stores of the company across the country by the end of 2004; Expected fiscal 2004 sales; Description of new Gander stores; Merchandise offered by Gander; Challenges faced by the retailer...
- Happy Trails. Raymond, Joan // American Demographics;Aug2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the impact of the growing popularity of outdoor activities in the United States on the sporting goods industry. Percentage of consumers that participate in some sort of recreational activity at least once a month; Success of Polaris Industries Inc. in marketing outdoor products;...