- Holly Stein. Stanley, T. L. // Advertising Age;6/7/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 23, ps-6
Features Holly Stein, VP of entertainment licensing at Mattel Inc. Strategy of Stein on dealing with the children's market; Challenges of her job; Career background.
- SeaTab PivotLink. Strother, John // DM Review;Jul2004, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p94
The article reviews the PivotLink Web-based service from SeaTab Software Inc. Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI) is an outdoor retail co-op dedicated to inspiring, educating and outfitting its 2 million active members and the community for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. REI wanted to broaden...
- HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE WOMEN'S MARKET? Schmidt, Genevieve // Dealernews;Nov2008, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p82
A quiz about the strategies adopted by women in marketing is presented.
- Taking to the great outdoors. Parry, Tim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Apr2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p9
The article focuses on the rise of outdoors and recreation merchants in the U.S. According to media brokerage firm ParadyzMatera, there were 10.6 million names in the outdoors and recreation segment in the fourth quarter of 2007. It is reported that Cabela's has 3.4 million names with an average...
- REI Uses Oracle9i RAC with WebSphere. Rosario, Billy // Database Trends & Applications;Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p16
This article discusses how Recreational Equipment Inc. (REI), a major supplier of outdoor specialty gear, employs Oracle9i RAC and IBM WebSphere. REI began building its Web sites about seven years ago. The first effort was launched on a Macintosh computer. As e-commerce activity expanded, the...
- Timely times. Mitchell, Richard // Meat & Deli Retailer;May2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Richard Mitchell on illustrating some of merchandising activities that occur in delis, and another by Nancy Kruce on several action steps that delis should take to effectively attract take-out customers.
- Sally Jewell. Cooper, Patrick G. // Current Biography;Jan2016, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p38
A biography of American businesswoman Sally Jewell, the secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior is presented. She was born on February 21, 1956 in London, England and studied at the University of Washington in Seattle. It discusses her career in oil and banking industries, and her work...
- At LMC, a billion-dollar campaign. // Home Channel News;Dec2012, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on "The Billion Dollar Buying Power" marketing campaign from Lumbermens Merchandising Corp. (LMC) in Wayne, Pennsylvania which inform customers that they are doing business with competitive local independent.
- College Bookstores Learn to Spot 2009 Trends. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jan2009, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p78
The article looks at U.S. bookstores' strategies for determining or identifying merchandise trends. Stephani deRouen, bookstore manager at Cumberland University, conducts research prior to making any purchases. She also search for stylish items and prefers to take the time to buy smart....