- MBAs prise open door to the board. Antoniou, Tony // Personnel Today;7/16/2002, p16
Focuses on the importance of a masters of business administration degree to human resource professionals in Great Britain. Enhancement of vocational and professional ability; Generation of leadership ideas; Role in decision-making process.
- Hunkering down for another degree. Romig, Mary Beth // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/06/98, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p17
Focuses on Kenneth Sandberg Jr., franchise director for the metropolitan area of Entergy Corporation, who earned an executive Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Tulane University during 1996. How this MBA help Sandberg advance at Entergy; Identity of universities that offer...
- Business smarts. Prencipe, Loretta W. // InfoWorld;5/6/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p50
Details how chief technology officers (CTO) expand their business expertise through on-the-job learning and acquiring Masters of Business Administration degrees. Factors that prompted CTO Sharon Mandell to take up an executive MBA; Advantages of the MBA degree to CTO. INSET: THE CTO'S BOOK SHELF.
- Course deconstruct. // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2013, p82
A description of the course Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program.
- MBA holders call for halt to `brain drain' Welch, Jilly // People Management;12/04/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p12
Reports that many middle and senior managers resign shortly after gaining their Master of Business Administrations (MBA) blaming the firms' failure to value their skills. Percentage of employees who leave within a year of gaining their MBA qualification; Employers that are suffering the...
- THE MBA WORLD REVISITED: What Corporations Are Doing Now. Ettorre, Barbara // Management Review;Sep92, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the decreasing demand for master of business administration (MBA) degree in the United States. Caliber of MBA graduates; Reasons for the decline in demand; Procedures for hiring MBA degree holders. INSETS: WHERE OH WHERE HAVE AMERICAN Ph.D.S GONE?;BRIEFCASE;WORKBOOK.
- The Mystique of the MBA Degree. Gannon, Martin J.; Arlow, Peter // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p20
A way must be found to measure the worth of the MBA degree so that its value as a means of training and socializing managers is not overshadowed by the problems associated with it. There is little doubt that the MBA has become one of the most popular degrees granted by American...
- Why an MBA? Lazarus, Arthur // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec1997, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p41
Discusses the value of master of business administration (MBA) degree for physician executives. Need for physician executives to learn general as well as clinical management skills; Advantages of the MBA degree in the health care industry; MBA programs available in the United States; Content of...
- Work/study path to getting an MBA. Robaton, Anna // Crain's New York Business;08/04/97, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p14
Reports that many professionals in New York are turning to Masters of Business Administration (MBA) programs to advance their skills, change careers and gain an edge in an increasingly competitive and evershifting workplace. Number of MBA programs in New York City; Increase in the applications...