- Pier 1 to shut all kids stores. // Kids Today;Jul2007, p17
The article reports that Pier 1 Imports Inc. CEO Alex Smith has announced the planned closure of its 33 Pier 1 Kids stores on October 31, 2007 and its 24 clearance stores on July 31, in the U.S. Smith says, in total, the company will shutdown 100 stores in 2007, to focus more on its full-line...
- Adapt Or Go Extinct: Men's Specialty Stores Face Battle For Survival. Palmieri, Jean E. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/25/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 64, p1
The article focuses on the challenges of men's specialty stores in staying with the retail business in the U.S. It cites the permanent closure of the Norman Stockton Inc. which has been in the business for 101 years and the difficulty of other retailers in attracting customers through...
- Apparel specialty stores. // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p10A
Focuses on the results of a survey on inventory management policies and practices of apparel specialty stores in the United States for 1996. Trends in physical inventory programs; Potential outcomes of improved inventory accuracy.
- Hard lines specialty stores. // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p16A
Presents the results of a survey on inventory management policies and practices of hard lines specialty stores in the United States for 1996. Trends in physical inventory programs; Potential outcomes of improved inventory accuracy.
- Market Report: NY Tabletop. Nestoras, Bessie; Weiskott, Maria; Kennedy, Caroline // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun2008, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p226
The article presents a perspective on the business condition and marketing strategies used by specialty establishments in New York. Chris Collins, vice president and general manager of 7 West shared that the market was far exceeding all expectations so far. The Market Suites initiative is off to...
- Fishing for Shoppers. Schroeder, Carol L. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct2008, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p14
The article presents a question-and-answer advisory which asks for ways in which gift and decorative accessories retailers can increase their customer base. It suggests several marketing strategies that include maintaining a database of regular customers to be able to offer birthday gifts for...
- Leon & Lulu. Kennedy, Caroline // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug2007, Vol. 108 Issue 8, pR18
The article features the specialty store Leon & Lulu which is located in Clawson, Michigan. It is the visual merchandising finalist of the 2007 Retail Excellence Awards. One of their methods is to use nearly 350 pairs of skates as props and decorative elements within an upscale retail...
- HOW TO Take Industrious Action During Idle Times. Sykes, Claire // Today's Garden Center;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p9
The article offers tips for garden retailers on how to take industrious action during idle times. It suggests to take inventory and have enough of the store's best sellers, research new products, and refill stocks. It also recommends to freshen the displays by showing off new products in store...
- In Stitches. Sonnenberg, Elissa // Cincinnati Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on three specialty stores in Cincinnati, Ohio. Used sewing machines from Beach's Sew and Vac; Sewing machine brands carried by Kramer's Tristate Viking; Price range of fabrics sold at Saint Theresa Textile Trove.