- Galyan's Courts Mall-phobic Males at Lifestyle Centers. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the plans of Galyan's Trading Co. Inc. to expand the operation of its sporting goods chain into lifestyle centers in consideration of the attitudes of male consumers in the U.S. Resistance of males to shopping in malls; Offers presented by malls to Galyan's; Potential for...
- Galyan's climbs higher despite rocky economy. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p9A
Reports on sporting goods retailer Galyan's Trading Co.'s opening of additional stores in the United States in 2002. Increase in store sizes; Company's historical background; Sales in the fiscal year ended January 31, 2002; Changes in the company's role in shopping malls; Investors' concern...
- Galyan's takes bite out of Big Apple. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p3
Reports on Indiana-based Galyan's Trading Co. Inc.'s opening of a sporting goods store in Long Island, New York and in Woodbridge, New Jersey. Gala grand opening for the stores; Party for investors hosted by the company; Goal of the events to attract attention from customers and investors.
- Dick's Gobbles Galyan's. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2004, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Galyan's Trading Co. by Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2004. Number of stores owned by Dick's after the acquisition; Implication of the deal for the presence of Dick's in the U.S.; Value of the transaction. INSET: Kerbis Resigns From TSA.
- MVP's value to Galyan's in question. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p3A
Analyzes the impact of the relationship between sporting goods electronic retailer MVP.com and Plainfield, Indiana-based Galyan's Trading Co. on the latter's plans for an initial public offering. Financial difficulties faced by MVP.com; Galyan's whole Internet strategy staked on MVP.com;...
- Galyan's rival plans Indianapolis stores. Maurer, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p7
Reports on the plans of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. to put up sporting stores in Indianapolis, Indiana. Impact of the plans on the operation of Galyan's Trading Co.; Disclosure on the operation plan; Details of the store range.
- Dick's in Deal For Galyan's. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/22/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 129, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Galyan's Trading Co. Inc. by Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. Terms of the deal; Background of both companies.
- Leto to Head Merchandising for Galyan's. // DNR: Daily News Record;5/17/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p43
Announces that Rick Leto will become president and chief merchandising officer of sporting goods and active lifestyle retailer Galyan's Trading Co. in mid-June 2004. Responsibilities of Leto; Number of stores operated by Galyan's in several U.S. states.
- Holman Takes Over as Galyan's CEO. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p15
Presents information on the appointment of Ed Holman as CEO of Galyan's Trading Co. in March 2004. Opinion of Wall Street analysts on the effect of the ongoing growth of other concepts on the customers satisfied by Galyan's; Plans of Holman as CEO; Improvement in the finances of the company...