- THE BIG SPENDER Omar Minaya. B. R. // Sports Illustrated;4/3/2006, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p51
This article looks at Omar Minaya, general manager for the New York Mets baseball team. Entering his second full season as general manager, Minaya has been able to acquire many of the game's top players including pitcher Pedro Martinez, centerfielder Carlos Beltran, first baseman Carlos Delgado...
- A threat to the Mets? // Newsweek;9/22/1986, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p76
The split-fingered fast ball has, in two years, transformed Mike Scott from an obscure NY Mets castoff to a Houston Astros star pitcher. Major-league strikeout leader Scott and other Astros welcome complaints from other teams as tributes. The Astros meet the Mets for the league championship...
- New York Mets. Noble, Marty // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p48
No abstract available.
- New York Mets. Noble, Marty // Sporting News;04/07/97, Vol. 221 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on National League baseball team New York Mets. Return of Carl Everett to his old form as a hitter; Everett's confrontation with fans in the Dominican Republic; Attempts to shore up the team's bullpen; Acquisition of Barry Manuel for the Montreal Expos; Absence of a righthanded...
- NY Mets great expectations. // New York;4/8/85, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p38
Even in those few, odd years when the Mets were successful, they were never really glamorous, they never had great day-to-day players like New York's other team. But this year, things are different. With Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter, Darryl Strawberry, and George Foster--all millionaires,...
- Let's go, Mets! // New York;9/29/86, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p44
The 1986 Mets, with their brawling, swaggering manner, are a classic New York team. From earnest catcher Gary Carter to prickly first-baseman Keith Hernandez, they are the team that all America want to watch and see beaten.
- The mighty Mets. Pooley, E. // New York;10/10/88, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p48
Discusses professional baseball's `mighty' New York Mets. Tells how their season began phenomenally; Performance dropped to a low in the summer; How a rejuvenated team faces the Los Angeles Dodgers for the pennant and World Series hopes.
- Mets won't make scribes recall boys of summer. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;8/9/93, Vol. 9 Issue 32, p9
Opinion. Comments on the attitude of players of Major League teams towards newspaper columnists. Disillusionment over sports writing; Lack of civility; Degradation.
- Why are these guys laughing? Pooley, E. // New York;4/13/92, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p58
Reports that some members of the New York Mets are trying refute charges of sexual assault. Details of charges against players Dwight Gooden, Daryl Boston, David Cone, and Bobby Bonilla; Police investigation of rape allegations; Role of manager Jeff Torborg; Team prospects for success on the...