- Academy Sports + Outdoors' Davis sees evolving role for e-commerce logistics. Abbott, Paul Scott // American Journal of Transportation;12/17/2012, Issue 546, p10
An interview with Tony Davis, senior vice president of distribution and logistics of Academy Sports + Outdoors, is presented. When asked the role of the Port of Houston in logistics, he answered that it acts as the secondary port for the Texas distribution center. He said that e-commerce has...
- Small Business & RETAIL. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;09/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p15
Presents news about small business and retail in San Diego, California as of September 2000. Impact of high electric prices on small businesses; Offer of 'fiesta' themes by local businesses to expand into the Hispanic community; Direct-to-consumer fulfillment solution provided by SVI Direct to...
- Athletic Launches & Deals. // FN: Footwear News;2/16/2015, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p83
The article presents news brief related to the footwear industry. Japan-based Asics reintroduced its Archive collection under the label Asics Tiger. Retailer, Academy Sports and Outdoors is announced to open a 63,000-sqare-feet location in Terre Haute, Indiana. Dick Corp.'s Sporting Goods has...
- in a formerlife. Mochari, Ilan // Inc.;Mar2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p88
Focuses on how David Gochman, chief executive officer of Academy Sports & Outdoors in Katy, Texas, manages his business operations. Career background of Gochman; Lessons Gochman learned in managing store operations.
- Academy Sports signs Plaza at the Parks lease. Brown, Marsha // Business Press;6/16/95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p5
Reports that Academy Sports leased space in the Plaza at the Parks power center. Officials declined comment; Comments from Academy director of marketing Robin Cavanaugh.
- Academy breaking out of Texas. // Discount Store News;3/21/94, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Academy Sports' expansion outside Texas. Number of stores in houston; Sales statistics for year ended January, 1994.
- Tastemaker. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/18/2013, Vol. 205 Issue 55, p16b
The article focuses on Arlene Goldstein, an executive of the retail industry firm Belk Inc. Goldstein's responsibilities as head of fashion direction for the company are examined, particularly her frequent travel within the U.S. and Europe to attend fashion shows as well as directing fashion...
- real deals. Lamers, Kelli // Fort Worth Business Press;8/3/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p6
Presents news concerning commercial leases in Texas as of August 3, 2001. Academy Sports and Outdoors Ltd.'s leasing of store space at the Grapevine Crossing Shopping Center; Behr Climate Systems Inc.'s leasing of industrial, warehouse and office space at Franklin Drive.
- Academy looks to score $40 million. Homer, Eric // Private Placement Letter;7/15/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p1
Presents information on the privately placed fixed-income securities offering of sporting goods retailer Academy Sports & Outdoors in July 2002.