- Start your engines. // Supply Management;5/22/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p62
The article comments on a breed of fresh young buyers known as the Flaming Lamborghinis. Employed by supermarkets in Great Britain, the Flaming Lamborghinis are in their mid-20s who are taught a certain negotiating strategy and then sent to impose it on suppliers. The Flaming Lamborghinis are...
- Soapbox. Sussman, Nigel // Supply Management;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p20
The author discusses the scarcity of chief executive officers (CEOs) that come from procurement. The author believes that procurement professionals have intimate knowledge of global markets and have negotiation and supplier management skills. However, procurement professionals need to advance to...
- The way to the top. Leaver, Tim // Supply Management;5/8/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p44
The article profiles Tom Leaver, chief procurement officer at the Land Registry. Before joining the Land Registry, he worked at the Central Electric Generating Board (CEGB) and at Powergen. Former Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) presidents he considered as mentors are Keith...
- On the move. // Supply Management;9/23/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p11
Presents news concerning executives in the British purchasing field as of September 23, 2004. Appointment of Jane Spendley as head of procurement at the University of Lutton; Purchasing managers recruited by heating company Vaillant Hepworth.
- Marketing managers should design communications mix based on customer's buyclass. Monoky Jr., John F.; Mathews, H. Lee; Wilson, David T. // Marketing News;6/26/1981, Vol. 14 Issue 26, Special section p9
Presents a study on the information seeking behavior of buyers. Categories of the purchases made by a firm; Frequently used information sources identified by the purchasing agents that participated in the study; Significance of the study to industrial marketing managers.
- Women corporate buyers changing the purchasing map. Culp, Mildred // San Diego Business Journal;08/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the growing number of women corporate buyers in the United States. Impact of demographic shifts in purchasing departments on buying influences; Percentage of purchasing managers who are women; Technology used by women purchasing executives; Advise for sales personnel on how to deal...
- Up in the air. Cohen, Amon // Supply Management;7/17/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p34
The article presents an interview with Mike Platt, former group industry affairs director at travel management company TMC HRG, about the travel procurement process. According to Platt, purchasers are spending too much time hammering away at suppliers when they could achieve greater savings by...
- Buyers reveal 'sexy' bits of procurement. // Supply Management;Jan2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that buyers have revealed the sexy features of working in the procurement field in Great Britain which include negotiating great deals, turning parts into finished products, and collaboration.
- Perfect location. // Supply Management;1/7/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p46
The article describes places that will inspire purchasing agents to find other purchasing-related towns.