- Street Stuff. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/26/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 135, p16
The article offers information on several urban contemporary retailers who are facing challenges in the U.S. market. It discusses the company Underground Station that has 176 stores and features apparel brands such as Akademiks, and footwear. The chain is operated by Genesco Inc. The company...
- TOBY BOST. // SGB;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p26
The article offers information on Toby Bost, nominee for the SGB 40 Under 40 Awards in the sporting goods industry. He is the chief executive officer (CEO) and chairman of the board of LaJolla Sports Group. He has more than 15 years of experience in the industry. His management of La Jolla Group...
- REACHING NEW MILESION. // SGB;Summer2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p33
The article focuses on the present condition of the sports goods industry in the U.S. and also discusses the journal's ranking of 100 retail companies. It mentions that even though retail trade was affected by the global financial crises, but companies like Jimmy Jazz continued to expand and...
- The Bottom 100. Anderson, Eric // Dealernews;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p108
Comments on 'Dealernews' magazine's Top 100 Dealers in America list, an awards program for powersports equipment dealers in the United States. Description of what it would be like to be on a list of the Bottom 100 dealers; Number of dealers from which the top 100 will be selected; Income...
- New York shoe designer opens Tucson boutique. // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Clint Alan's Shoe Boutique's opening of a branch in Tucson, Arizona. Store location; Product line; Impact on the retail industry.
- GDS Retailers Freshen Up Spring. ANNISS, ELISA // FN: Footwear News;9/21/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p4
The article presents an update on the footwear industry and GDS retailers.
- INDEPENDENT'S DAY. Atmore, Michael // FN: Footwear News;2/18/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p10
The author highlights the role of independent retailers in shoe retailing and talks about the introduction of the series called "Independent Spotlight" by "Footwear News" in February 2008.
- Soho Retail Heats Up. HENNING, KRISTEN // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p6
The article reports that New York's Soho city has become a popular place for footwear retail trade with affordable rents for commercial space, and the Frye brand footwear plans to launch its first flagship store in the city in 2011.
- EVENT CALENDAR. // FN: Footwear News;Jul2013, Vol. 69 Issue 25, p50
A calendar of events related to footwear and retailer industry in Utah from July 30-August 2, 2013 is presented including the Open Air Demo in July 30, the OIA industry breakfast in July 31, and Industry Party on July 31.