- The Newest Threat? A 4-by-6-inch Index Card. D. B. // REP.;Oct2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p18
The article presents information on the index card introduced by professor Harold Pollack of the University of Chicago, that contains financial tips.
- Should Congress Repeal the ACA 'Cadillac Tax'? // HR Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p78
The article presents a debate on whether the U.S. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Cadillac Tax, a 40% excise tax on certain employer health plans, that takes effect in 2018. Tevi Troy, president of the American Health Policy Institute, explains that the tax imposes...
- Chicago's largest physician groups. Fenrick, Katrina; Pospichal, Marie // Crain's Chicago Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p19
Of the 21 physician groups that reported revenues for 2002, Advocate Health Centers was on the top with $317 million as of October 13, 2003. Revenues are defined as net of contractual allowances, bad accounts and charity care. University of Chicago Physicians Group in Chicago, Illinois had the...
- A promising beginning. Taggart, Michael; Tarre, Howard // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on consumer-driven health (CDH) plans, in which the capability of plan sponsors to influence behavior is shown. Argument raised by the proponents of CDH; Claim of CDH opponents; Changes under the CDH plans; Objectives considered in designing the plans.
- An irresistible force. Conn, Joseph // Modern Physician;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p13
Editorial. Comments on the universal medical coverage suggested by Heritage Foundation. Plan of Stuart Butler, vice president of domestic and economic policy studies of the foundation; Implications of his proposal for the U.S. healthcare systems.
- People are going back to basics. // Finance Week;03/30/2001, p35
Discusses the concern expressed by managers in health care on the widening gap between consumers and suppliers in South Africa. Rise in the cost of health care due to the growing number of middlemen; Solutions to the problem of fraud and over-servicing; Importance of educating patients on the...
- Scan. // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p2
Presents updates on health care issues in the U.S. as of October 21, 2002. Plans of the Hospitals Caterers' Association for the acquisition of the operating assets of Health Midwest in Kansas City; Call of governors to the U.S. Congress regarding the preservation of funds for the State...
- Raising our voices for the uninsured. Hunsaker, Susan // AHA News;3/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Recognizes the need for health care insurance coverage for the uninsured in the U.S. Percentage of uninsured individuals in the working population; Effects of uninsured problems on hospital resources; Coping strategies of patients for the increasing health care costs.
- Jury still out on consumer-driven health care plans. Benko, Laura B. // Business Insurance;3/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on consumer-driven health plans offered by companies in the U.S. to their employees. Ability of these plans to contain the nation's health care costs; Benefits of consumer-driven health plans to employees; Companies that are offering consumer-driven health care plans.