Study shows gap in care for discharged patients
Tags: MEDICARE beneficiaries
- Feds revising drug discount proposal. // Drug Utilization Review;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the administration of U.S President George W. Bush is preparing to offer discounts on medicines sold to Medicare beneficiaries. Reason for the blockage of the administration's original plan by a federal district court judge in September 2001; Comment of Susan C. Winckler of the...
- Study eyes EOL trends for Medicare patients. // Hospital Peer Review;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p116
The article discusses the result of a study regarding the end of life (EOL) trends for Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S.
- The Des Moines Register. // Hill;5/8/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 53, p36
The article focuses on the issue concerning the plan of the U.S. government to implement cheaper prices on drugs for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Comparing Medicare Beneficiaries, by Type of Post-Acute Care Received: 1999. Shatto, Andrew // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p137
Compares the functional limitations, health status, chronic conditions, marital status, and household composition of Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S. who received acute care services by the type, if any, of post-acute care received, utilizing data from the 1999 Medicare Current Beneficiary...
- More rural help needed. Gilstrap, M.E. // Modern Healthcare;1/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p23
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Rural Realities," by Tim Size in the December 1, 2003 issue.
- �released too soon�. Cardin, Virginia A. // Modern Healthcare;5/18/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p24
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the rehospitalization of Medicare patients in the U.S.
- HCFA revises proposed ABN for Labs. Szabo, Joan // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p60
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration to standardize advanced beneficiary notices (ABN) given by Medicare Part B providers to beneficiaries. Information on ABN; Improvements to the notice; Reason for the revisions.
- Competitive bidding provokes controversy. Bersch, Carren // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on issues related to competitive bidding among healthcare organizations in the U.S. Accounts on the Congressional support to bidding; Accessibility of health care services by Medicare beneficiaries; Establishment of the National Coverage Policies for clinical laboratory test.
- Repeat colonoscopies frequent among Medicare patients. // Medical Economics;6/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p66
The article focuses on the result of a study which confirms the frequent repeated colonoscopy than the recommended screening guidelines among Medicare patients in the U.S.