Borders Says 4Q Sales Not So Bad After All, Issues Revised Projections
- Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Post Solid 3Q Gains. // Book Publishing Report;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the third quarter profit of Barnes and Noble Inc. and Borders Group Inc. in the U.S. Escalation of book store sales; Calculation of net income; Facilitation of marketing strategy.
- Crunch Time For Borders. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/13/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the release of the 2010 third quarter results of Borders in December 2010 which confirmed the trend on falling sales among the largest bookstore chains in the U.S. The revenue of the company from the three bookstore chains declined 5.3 percent in the said quarter. The...
- Borders Looks for Earnings Gain in Fiscal 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p87
Deals with the outlook of book retail business Borders Group on its earnings for year 2002. Forecasts on earnings for 2002; Sales of Borders in fourth quarter 2000; Moves of Border that could bolster its profits for year 2002.
- Borders Group warns of lower earnings for 1998. // Crain's Detroit Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the decrease in corporate profits for 1998 expected by Borders Group Inc.
- Borders projects lower profits. // Crain's Detroit Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Michigan-based Borders Group Inc.'s earnings for the quarter ending January 28, 2001.
- Borders Group says U.S. superstore sales rose 20%. Millikan, Tom; Easley, Nikita // Crain's Detroit Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Borders Group has announced that sales at United States superstores rose 20 percent in fiscal 2000.
- Borders Fourth Qtr. Will Be Below Projections. // Publishers Weekly;1/11/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p11
Reports the earnings per share for the fourth quarter ended January 29, 1999 of Borders Group company. Projected earnings of the company over fiscal 1998.
- Borders Has Earnings Gain. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p9
Presents updates on U.S. firm Borders Group as March 17, 2003. Net income for the fiscal year that ended January 26, 2003; Number of domestic stores to be opened in 2003; Outlook of the company for 2003.
- BORDERS GROUP Q4 PROFIT UP $31 MILLION. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/5/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the rise of the profit posted by Borders Group in the fourth quarter of 2009 by 31 million U.S. dollars from 28.9 million dollars to 59.9 million.