Amazon.com's New Strategy: Pursuing Profits, Even If It Means Slower Growth
- The Euro to the Rescue. Warner, Melanie // Fortune;2/18/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the finances of Internet retail company Amazon. Profits for the fourth quarter of 2001; How the weak valuation of the euro reduced Amazon's interests payments; Outlook for future profits at the company.
- Amazon says it will show us the money. Vogelstein, Fred // U.S. News & World Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p40
Discusses Amazon.com's predictions that it will see a profit sometime in 2001. Investors' reaction to layoffs at the company; Why this is a watershed event for Amazon and for online retailing in general; Analysts' predictions of a raft of Internet company failures by the summer of 2000.
- By the book. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/5/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6310, p33
Comments on Internet company Amazon.com's announcement that it will return a profit in the fourth quarter of 2001. Accounting methods; Factors behind the firm's profitability; Other growth targets and strategies.
- Amazon Delivers Bleak Retail Forecast. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;10/22/2008, p1
The article reports that online retailer Amazon.com, has lowered its 2008 full-year sales forecast in its earnings report. The move of Amazon has caused its shares to decline by 12.5 percent in after-hours trading. The lower sales forecast is being attributed by the company to the softening...
- Amazon Margins Squeezed; Shares Skid. // Red Herring;1/30/2008, p1
The article reports on the decline in profits of Internet retailer Amazon.com in its fourth-quarter 2007 results. The company's gross profit margin fell to 20.6 percent from 21.3 percent in 2006 and 23.4 percent in the 2007 third quarter. The decline in profit margins is attributed to the...
- LEADING COMPANIES. // Online Retail Industry Profile: Asia-Pacific;Jun2012, p17
The article profiles several leading online retail companies including Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. An overview of the companies are given, along with key facts including contact information,website and headquarters. Key metrics are provided which includes revenues,...
- Cry Me a River. Shoulberg, Warren // Home Textiles Today;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
In this article the author discusses the declining profit of Amazon.Com Inc. in the U.S.
- Revenues & Losses Jump at Amazon.com as Stock Sinks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the financial performance of Amazon.com Inc. for the second quarter of 2000. Reason for the revenue shortfall; Successor of Joseph Galli as president; Amazon's stock price on July 24, 2000.
- Amazon Q3 Sales In CE Segment Rise 25 Percent. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/18/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p42
Reports on the percent increase in third quarter sales of Amazon.com Inc. in consumer electronics segment for the year 2002. Effect of lowering the prices of consumer electronics.