ABB upgrades GT8C turbine
- ABB introduces Advanced Cycle System technology. // Power;Jan94, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p90
Reports that Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) has introduced the first two members of its Advanced Cycle System gas-turbine family, called the GT24 and the GT26. Use of ABB's Sequential Combustion System.
- Gas turbine cogeneration packages launched. // European Power News;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
Announces the Asea Brown Boveri's (ABB) launch of two skid-mounted gas-turbine packages for power outputs in the 5 to 7MW range. Optimization of the packages; Description of the GTM7 and GTM7A packages; Control system for the packages.
- Full output testbed for advanced versions of the GT 26/GT 24. // Modern Power Systems;May97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p37
Focuses on ABB's installation of its GT26 and GT24 gas turbines at test centers in Birr, Switzerland and Gilbert Generating Station in New Jersey. Background on the test bed at Birr; GT24 at Jersey Central Power and Light's Gilbert Generating Station; Design features of the GT26 and GT24 machines.
- High performance gas turbine launched. // European Power News;Sep97, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p14
Reports on ABB's launch of a compact industrial gas turbine called GTX100. Reliability; Low cost power production; High levels of efficiency; Low levels of emissions; Target market for GTX100.
- ABB Stal clinches Cleeton compression driver order. // Offshore;Jul95, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p58
Reports that ABB Stal will supply a GT35 gas turbine as the main gas turbine for British Petroleum's (BP) new Cleeton compression platform in the southern UK North Sea. ABB Stal's plan to carry out string of testing of the Andrew GT35 compressor unit at its Finspong headquarters; Bid to supply...
- Rolls Royce sells shares to ABB. // Modern Power Systems;Nov93, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p11
Reports that Rolls Royce has sold its 50% share in the joint venture company NEI ABB Gas Turbines to its partner ABB.
- Cogeneration plants for Malaysia. // European Power News;Feb98, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
Announces the plan of the Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) to construct two gas-turbine power plant at Titan Petrochemicals (M) Sdn Bhd's petrochemical complexes in the state of Johor in Malaysia. Background on the two plants.
- First GT24 will improve efficiency at Gilbert. // Modern Power Systems;May94, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p65
Discusses the installation of the GT24 unit, a member of ABB's `Advanced Cycle System' gas turbine family, to help modernize the Gilbert power station in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. Gas turbines GT24 and GT26; GT24 purchased by Jersey Central Power & Light Co.; Modernization plans of the...
- No guts, no glory: Country risk a fact of life for IPPs abroad. Sains, Ariane // Electrical World;Nov97, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p39
Focuses on the disagreement between Asea Brown Boveri and the Malaysian government regarding the construction of the Bakun Dam hydroelectric plant. Problems associated with the project; Reference to the termination of a construction and management contract by shareholder Ekran Bhd; Comments...