Gifted Children and Erikson's Theory of Psychosocial Development
- European Coke crisis called `mass hysteria.'. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p113
Suggests that pediatric psychosomatic illnesses were the cause of the Coca-Cola recall in Europe in 1999.
- Determinants of psychosomatic complaints in Swedish schoolchildren aged seven to twelve years. Berntsson, Leeni T.; Gustafsson, Jan-Eric // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p283
Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate determinants of psychosomatic complaints (PSC) in children. The model assumes that variables are working on three levels: the proximal level (the child), the intermediate level (the family), and the distal level (the society). Methods: Data...
- Symptom clusters among young adolescents. Knishkowy, Barry; Palti, Hava // Adolescence;Summer95, Vol. 30 Issue 118, p351
Examines recurrent psychosomatic symptoms and symptom clusters among fifth and sixth grade Israeli school children. Abdominal pain and headache as most frequently reported psychosomatic complaints; Statistically significant sex differences; Commonality of multiple psychosomatic complaints.
- Psychosomatic complaints in schoolchildren: a Nordic comparison. Berntsson, Leeni T; K�hler, Lennart; Gustafsson, Jan-Eric // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p44
Aims: This study investigates the association between psychosomatic complaints (PSC) and background factors from children in the five Nordic countries, their families, and their social context in a model using proximal (child), intermediate (family), and distal (society) levels. Similarities and...
- The Kids Are Not All Right. McCarthy, Kelly // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on a study conducted by the `Pediatrics' journal regarding the factors that affect the psychosomatic and behavioral problems in children. Effects of poverty and separation of parents on the mental well-being of kids; Recommendations for health care workers.
- Psychosomatic Illness in Childhood and Adolescence. Stark, Trisha; Blum, Robert // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1986, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p549
We describe a methodology for systematically approaching patients with difficulties of a psychological and social nature. Definitions are given for various types of psychosomatic difficulties, and their origins are linked to two theoretical perspectives; namely, the sick role model and family...
- Atopic Dermatitis in Children Can Cause Emotional Pain and Isolation. // Dermatology Nursing;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p139
Deals with the psychosomatic hardships for both parents and the child suffering from eczema. Emotional consequences; Challenges in caring for children with eczema; Tips to help children.
- Ill Thought Of. Kent, Dorothea // Saturday Evening Post;Oct1978, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p84
Reports on a conflict between two youngsters concerning psychosomatic illness.
- Treating asthma in preschool children. Warner, J.O. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/16/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6642, p154
Focuses on the use of nebulizer among preschool children for the treatment of asthma. Symptoms of respiratory infection; Persistence of nocturnal coughing; Discussions on the psychosocial factors in asthma.