Gifted Children and Erikson's Theory of Psychosocial Development
- European Coke crisis called `mass hysteria.'. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p113
Suggests that pediatric psychosomatic illnesses were the cause of the Coca-Cola recall in Europe in 1999.
- Determinants of psychosomatic complaints in Swedish schoolchildren aged seven to twelve years. Berntsson, Leeni T.; Gustafsson, Jan-Eric // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p283
Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate determinants of psychosomatic complaints (PSC) in children. The model assumes that variables are working on three levels: the proximal level (the child), the intermediate level (the family), and the distal level (the society). Methods: Data...
- Symptom clusters among young adolescents. Knishkowy, Barry; Palti, Hava // Adolescence;Summer95, Vol. 30 Issue 118, p351
Examines recurrent psychosomatic symptoms and symptom clusters among fifth and sixth grade Israeli school children. Abdominal pain and headache as most frequently reported psychosomatic complaints; Statistically significant sex differences; Commonality of multiple psychosomatic complaints.
- Psychosomatic complaints in schoolchildren: a Nordic comparison. Berntsson, Leeni T; K�hler, Lennart; Gustafsson, Jan-Eric // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p44
Aims: This study investigates the association between psychosomatic complaints (PSC) and background factors from children in the five Nordic countries, their families, and their social context in a model using proximal (child), intermediate (family), and distal (society) levels. Similarities and...
- The Kids Are Not All Right. McCarthy, Kelly // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on a study conducted by the `Pediatrics' journal regarding the factors that affect the psychosomatic and behavioral problems in children. Effects of poverty and separation of parents on the mental well-being of kids; Recommendations for health care workers.
- Psychosomatic Aspects of Paediatrics. Study Group of the Society for Psychosomatic Research Held at the Royal College of Physicians, May, 1959 (Book). Wenar, Charles // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec61, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p1045
Reviews the book 'Psychosomatic Aspects of Paediatrics. Study Group of the Society for Psychosomatic Research Held at the Royal Collge of Physicians, May, 1959,' edited by Ronald MacKeith and Joseph Sandler.
- Psychosomatic Illness in Childhood and Adolescence. Stark, Trisha; Blum, Robert // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1986, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p549
We describe a methodology for systematically approaching patients with difficulties of a psychological and social nature. Definitions are given for various types of psychosomatic difficulties, and their origins are linked to two theoretical perspectives; namely, the sick role model and family...
- Atopic Dermatitis in Children Can Cause Emotional Pain and Isolation. // Dermatology Nursing;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p139
Deals with the psychosomatic hardships for both parents and the child suffering from eczema. Emotional consequences; Challenges in caring for children with eczema; Tips to help children.
- Ill Thought Of. Kent, Dorothea // Saturday Evening Post;Oct1978, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p84
Reports on a conflict between two youngsters concerning psychosomatic illness.