Minnesota Lawmaker Calling for More Scrutiny of Charter School Finances
- Lawmakers OK end of charter cap. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;6/16/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p3A
The article reports on the approval by both the North Carolina Senate and House of Representatives of a bill that would remove the limit of 100 charter schools in the state.
- Not all education reforms are improvements. Phillips, Ivory // Jackson Advocate;4/12/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 26, p4A
In this article, the author discusses the aspects of a legislative bill that enable the establishment of charter schools in the state of Mississippi.
- Budget Crisis Inspires Legislator's Nonprofit Largesse. // Association Management;Jul2003, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p23
Reports that legislator Matt Entenza is donating his pay supplement for serving as Minnesota House Minority leader to nonprofit organization that face a potential loss of state support in the budget crisis.
- Bill would order collective bargaining in Calif. charters. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the bill that would order collective bargaining in California charter schools. Supporters of the collective-bargaining bill; Charter school bills produced by legislature in 1992; Opposition between teachers' unions and the education secretary under the charter school measure;...
- State Journal. Keller, Bess // Education Week;12/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p19
Reports that the bill sponsored by Governor John Engler to lift the cap on charter schools in Michigan has failed. Proposals in the bill; Effects of the failed bill on schools waiting for charters in Michigan.
- Assembly passes charter reform bills. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/7/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 27, p5
The article reports on the charter reform bills that have been passed by the New Jersey State Assembly with the aim of granting local voters more say in approving charter schools, while opening the schools to more scrutiny in New Jersey.
- Governor signs bill to expand charter schools in Missouri. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/ 2/2012, p5
The article presents a news report from "The St. Louis Post-Dispatch" that reported that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has signed a bill that allows charter schools to expand statewide.
- Colorado House Approves Charter School Funding Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p3
Reports on the approval of a bill that increases the percentage of state aid provided to charter schools for facilities financing by the Colorado House of Representatives. Creation of a state intercept program for charter school bonds; Approval of the bill by the Senate; Percentage of funds for...
- Utah Pushes Charter School Loan Program as Educational Choice. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p42
Reports that Utah-based Republican Jim Ferrin is planning to propose a legislative bill to approve a loan program for charter schools. Creation of a loan fund from bond sale proceeds under the program; Benefits of the loan provision to charter schools; Number of charters schools in the state.