Sen. Voinovich Introduces Bill to Double Funding for Clean Water SRFs
- A penny saved... Mortman, Howard // National Journal;4/03/99, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p907
Presents an anecdote on Ohio Senator George Voinovich in which he was seen picking a penny from a urinal, rinsing it and then keeping it, right before his inaugural ball as governor in 1991.
- Senators offer a new push for commission to tackle entitlements. Allen, Jared; Alarkon, Walter // Hill;5/7/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the legislative offer of senators Joe Lieberman and George Voinovich to create a blue-ribbon commission that would tackle the healthcare reforms for Medicare, Medicaid , and Social Security.
- Labor Law Controversy May Keep Congress From Passing SRF Bills. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p6
Reports the state of the bill for increasing the funding of wastewater and drinking water revolving loan funds in the U.S. Representation of a substantial annual increase; Applicability of the bill on the projects of the state; Application of labor law to both the initial federal funds that are...
- Congress Wants To Increase Clean Water, SRF Spending. // Underground Construction;Apr2002, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the bill introduced by the U.S. Congress that would increase budgets for the Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Funds (SRF). Amount the administration of U.S. President. George W. Bush proposed for the DWSRF in 2001; Authorized level of budget for the drinking water SRF.
- MASSIVE $1.1-TRILLION SPENDING BILL PASSED; WATER FUNDING TO REMAIN STEADY. // WaterWorld;Jan2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on an omnibus appropriations bill signed by U.S. President Barack Obama into law in mid-December 2014, which is anticipated to help in funding the U.S. government to operate through the end of September 2015.
- House Passes Hike in SRF Aid. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/19/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 11, p15
The article reports on the approval of a legislative bill which reauthorizes the Clean Water Act SRF program in the U.S. Despite a threatened presidential veto, the U.S. House of Representative has authorized $14 billion over four years in aid of state revolving funds for wastewater treatment...
- Should Elena Kagan Be Confirmed by the Senate as an Associate Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court? Con. Voinovich, George // Supreme Court Debates;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p45
An excerpt from Republican Senator George Voinovich's remarks on the con side during debate on confirmation of Judge Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme Court on August 3, 2010 is presented.
- Don't Judge Us by Cleveland. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p34
Deals with the search for a state motto by Ohio. Reasons behind the efforts of the American Civil Liberties Union to eliminate the former motto `With God, all things are possible'; Motto proposed by a zinger circulating on the Internet; Motto being considered by Senator George Voinovich, former...
- Voinovich, Murdough talk tariffs at Step2. McClellan, Matt // Plastics News;7/5/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p4
Ohio Senator George Voinovich, visited toy maker Step2 Co. in Streetsboro, Ohio, on June 30 to discuss the implications of a tariff levied on U.S. exports and what he called the unfair trade practices of China. Tom Murdough, founder and chief executive officer of the rotational molder, said his...