Alabama Legislators to Discuss a Variety of Economic Development Incentives
- Hyundai's Sweet Home in Alabama. // Ward's Auto World;May2002, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the support given by Alabama Governor Don Siegelman to the plan of Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. to build a U.S. plant in Montgomery, as of May 2002. Importance of the plant to the state; Details on the plan.
- Toyota decides to restart Mississippi plant. Kageyama, Yuri // Memphis Automotive Report;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p13
The article announces the restart of the delayed construction of the car factory of Toyota Motor Corp. in Mississippi.
- New Toyota plant. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the opening of Toyota Australia plant which is the first car manufacturing plant in 25 years. Aims for annual sales; Plant as wholly operational by August 1994.
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- Recession tarnishes Toyota's innovative plant. Maskery, Mary Ann // Automotive News;11/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5525, p41
Reports on the effect of Japan's economic recession on Toyota Motor Corp.'s automobile plant in Kyushu. Price tag; Unit capacity; Toyota's excess capacity; Plant's location and description; Equipment used in the plant; Scaling down of operations.
- Toyota hints it's interested in putting plant in Mexico. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p7
Reports on Toyota Motor Corp.'s interest in Mexico as a possible production base following implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Toyota vice president Masaharu Tanaka's meeting with Mexican president Carlos Salinas de Gortari and aide; Toyota's sending of delegation to...