Connecticut Treasurer Urges Full Funding for Teachers' Pension
- CONNECTICUT: Pension Funds Net 11.5%. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/5/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33956, p9
The article presents information on a report from Denise Nappier, Treasurer for Connecticut, which shows that the pension funds of Connecticut, known as the Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds, generated a preliminary investment return net of expenses of 11.5 percent for fiscal 2013.
- Connecticut Kicks Off Record $2B Deal. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32856, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a $2 billion taxable general obligation pension deal headed by Connecticut treasurer Denise L. Nappier. The proceeds will be used to help close a $6.9 billion gap in the state's Teachers' Retirement Fund. Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. will...
- Connecticut OK's $3.64B. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p1
The article reports on the approval of the $3.64 billion of bonds by the Connecticut State Bond Commission in which it includes the $2 billion for the state's Teacher's Retirement Fund. Treasurer Denise L. Nappier's office revealed that the state plans to issue the $2 billion of taxable pension...
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut rethinks commitments. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;3/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p3
Reports that the state of Connecticut is renegotiating its investment commitment with its Retirement and Trust Fund alternative investment managers. State Treasurer Denise Lynn Nappier's efforts to reduce the increase in commitments made by her predecessor in the last quarter of the year 1988.
- Connecticut eyes alts as an option. WILLIAMSON, CHRISTINE // Pensions & Investments;1/12/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Connecticut state Treasurer Denise L. Nappier is planning to ask the investment advisory council of the Connecticut Retirement Plans & Trust Funds, Hartford, Connecticut, to approve a new investment policy statement that will allow her to invest up to 8% of plan assets...
- Nappier has pension plans. Barreto, Susan; Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;11/16/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p2
Reports on newly elected Connecticut Treasurer Denise Lynn Nappier's plans for her role as sole trustee of the $16 billion State of Connecticut Retirement & Trust Fund. Election results; Plan to issue a request for proposals for a consultant to conduct an asset allocation study; Concern about...
- Spalding CIO of Connecticut Retirement Funds. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F326, p1
State Treasurer Denise Nappier promoted Deborah Spalding to chief investment officer of the $30 billion Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.