Mo. Architect to Provide Capital Resources to Needy Sheriffs
- Missouri architect draws creative financial plans for county jails. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30784, p3
Reports on the financial plans drawn by architect Lawrence Goldberg for county jails in the United States. Knowledge of the bond market; Replacement of outdated jails.
- Architect Goes Beyond Designing Jails to Helping Finance Them. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p7
Reports on the plans of Lawrence Goldberg in financing jail facilities in the United States. Launching of a firm that will provide underwriting and financial advisory services to government hoping to build jails; Research conducted by Goldberg.
- Okla. County Scrounges Up Enough Cash to Keep Jail Going. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31708, p4
Focuses on the financial condition of the Grady County jail in Oklahoma. Overview of a revenue bond issue sold to build the jail; Assessment of the overall financial crisis in the county; Response of voters of the county on financing the jail construction; Opinion of Lawrence Goldberg,...
- Architect Decries Scapegoating in Oklahoma Jail Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p7
Reports on the acquittal of architect Lawrence Goldberg from a grand jury investigation over the construction of Grady County jail with revenue bonds in Oklahoma. Contention related to over-budget project and financial problems; Consideration of optimistic revenue projections; Specifications of...
- GPs handed extra CKD work and new proteinuria test. // Pulse;9/24/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 32, p3
The article focuses on the protenuria test to patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) in Great Britain. The guidelines advocate general practitioners (GPs) to measure proteinuria in all patients with CKD with the use of albumin-creatinine ratio involving sending samples off for testing. Dr....
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // BusinessWest;12/10/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p64
The article announces career developments of several professionals from Massachusetts including Massachusetts Colleges Online new chairperson William F. Messner, WGGB-TV abc40 new general sales manager Lawrence D. Goldberg, and Savage Range Systems new Installation Coordinator Thomas Alexopoulos.
- Construction industry finds crime does pay. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/8/94, Vol. 233 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the prison construction program of the administration of President Bill Clinton. Creation of a Violent Crime Reduction Trust Fund; Distribution formula for funding state facilities.
- Texas prisons hope to save $1M on utilities. // Corrections Today;Dec95, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the savings on prison utility bills that Texas prisons hope to get as a result of a grant from the State Energy Conservation Office. Estimated total of government purchases for utilities annually; Percentage of spending used for electricity and natural gas.
- The Deregulation of the Banking and Securities Industries. Benston, George J. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Aug80, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p560
The article reviews the book "The Deregulation of the Banking and Securities Industries," edited by Lawrence G. Goldberg and Lawrence J. White.