Settlement Allows Cleveland to Proceed With Airport Expansion
- Take off. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p8
Opinion. Comments on the proposed expansion of the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Extension of the runway; Development of a regional approach to air service.
- Brook Park lands key punch in airport battle. Baird, Kristen // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/1/96, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p15
Reports that Brook Park has won a legal battle over Cleveland in 1995 over expansion plans for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Revision of the plans for the airport; Zoning ordinances of Brook Park.
- Flight plan. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/12/96, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p10
Opinion. Comments on the agreement between the Ohio cities of Brook Park and Cleveland involving the expansion of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Conflict between the two cities that preceded the settlement; Need for an independent authority to oversee the region's airports; Delay in...
- Airports land trade zone status. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p39
Reports on the designation of Cleveland, Ohio-based Burke Lakefront and Cleveland Hopkins International airports as foreign trade zones. Approval of the airports as extensions of the area's primary trade zone at the Port of Cleveland.
- Airport project mired in a holding pattern. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
States that it will take 16 months before the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport runway expansion project gets started despite the okay given by the Cleveland City Council in January 1998. Details on the federal requirements which need to be met before construction can begin; Information...
- Airports honored. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul96, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p12
Reports that the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport has received the Balchen/Post Award for outstanding achievement in snow and ice control during the winter of 1995-96 in the large commercial airport category.
- Obstructionists. // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p10
Opinion. Comments on the plans of Brook Park residents to delay the expansion of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Number of signatures the group of residents have secured; Goals of the residents; Reaction of Mayor Tom Coyne to the controversy.
- Tarmac troubles. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/01/97, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p10
Calls for the handing over of the operations of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in Cleveland, Ohio, to an independent authority. Reasons for the request; Difficulty associated with overseeing the airport.
- Airport debate key to future of region. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/21/98, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p10
Comments on the proposed plans to expand the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Ohio. Reference to a task force which was formed by the Greater Cleveland Growth Association to access air service needs; Information on a report which the association will issue on air service needs;...
- New airport biz center more in tune with tech. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
Reports the opening of Airport Wireless and Business Center at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in Ohio. Availability of telephones, work stations and conference room rentals; Collaboration between ILJ-Cleveland and Business Traveler Services on the development of the airport; Features...