Virginia Senate OKs Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- The origins and formation of the Traffic Commissioners. Hey, Kevin // Journal of Transport History;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p85
Recounts the origins and formation of the Traffic Commissioners as a means of administering the licensing of bus services in London, England. Events leading to the establishment of the Royal Commission on Transport in 1928; Political factors influencing the decision to set up a system of...
- State DOTs mount campaign for stronger SIB legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30439, p4
Focuses on the campaign launched by twelve transportation departments in the United States to pressure Congress to expand the state infrastructure bank (SIB) program. Allowance of 50 states to launch SIBs; Potential legislative vehicle for a SIB provision.
- Superagency for County Will Be Reconsidered. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
Focuses on the reconsideration of proposals on superagency for San Diego County in California. Impact on the transportation and land-use superagency; Proof of an organizational chart on the jurisdictions in the county; Perspective of state Senator Steve Peave over the proposal.
- The wheels of Hercules. Scully, Gary // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/20/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6229, p19
Reports on Australia's establishment of a National Transport Secretariat to chart the reform of the national transport system. Initial projects assigned to the secretariat; Challenges facing the secretariat in performing its functions.
- Catherine Ross, Georgia Regional Transportation Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p61
Reports the approval of the transportation improvement plan supported by the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA). Efforts of director Catherine Ross; Direction of the projects funded with bond proceeds from the GRTA; Supervision of transportation projects.
- ITS Peer-to-Peer Program. Pol, James // Public Roads;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p7
Deals with ITS Peer-to-Peer Program, a program providing free technical assistance to government agencies in the United States seeking to improve transportation operations through the deployment of intelligent transportation systems. Principles behind the program; How the program works; Scope...
- Lawmakers' transit holdup endangers funds. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p6
Focuses on the consequences of pending legislation creating Detroit Area Regional Transportation Authority (DARTA) on public finance in Michigan. Purpose of creating the DARTA; Advantages of creating the DARTA department; Supporters of DARTA proposal.
- Peace wants RITA to become household name. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on a proposal to create a Regional Infrastructure Transportation Authority (RITA) in San Diego, California. Aims of the agency; Responsibilities; Agencies which will be replaced by RITA: Benefits of the consolidation of agencies into one; Criticisms against RITA; Advantages of RITA to...
- PVTA Probe Widens. // BusinessWest;8/21/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p51
The article focuses on the investigation of the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA) by federal investigators. The investigation will include the transportation projects for Holyoke and Westfield. All projects involving the agency will be investigated according to PVTA acting director,...