Muni Pros Ponder What a Tax Cut Would Mean to Market
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p47
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of March 2002. Issuance of the bill for the certificates of participation to fund prison facilities; Increase of the city hotel tax; Use of bond proceeds.
- Better Dividend Plans? Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p1
U.S. municipal bond market would face less of a threat from proposals to exclude dividends from income taxes than under President George Bush's proposal to fully exempt certain dividends from taxation, according to tax experts. Their comments came after the House Ways and Means chairman Bill...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p33
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of June 2002. Creation of rainyday fund to protect public schools in Alabama; Plans of extending the runway in Florida; Opposition to the referendum on the creation twelve member committee on reviewing exemptions of the tax law in Florida.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32985, p5
The article provides information on the "Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. The proposed legislation for Build America Bonds Act includes the authorization given to nonprofit entity for the issuance of taxable credit bonds. The legislation intends to improve transportation...
- TBMA Speakers: Bush's Tax Plan Would Spur Economy, Not Hurt Bonds. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p6
Speakers at The Bond Market Association's annual meeting in New York on April 10, 2003 praised 726 billion dollars tax cut proposal of U.S. President George W. Bush, and minimized concerns that could have a negative impact on the bond market. ï¿½The size of the tax reduction was chosen very...
- State Tax Treatment of Municipal Bonds: 2004. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p6
Presents a chart showing state tax treatment of municipal bonds in the United States in the year 2004. Tax status; Tax rates and brackets.
- THE IMPACT OF THE CAPITAL GAINS TAX ON BOND YIELDS. McCallum, John S. // National Tax Journal;Dec73, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p575
In this paper a theory is developed on the manner in which bond yields will adjust in response to a change in the capital gains tax rate. The theory is then subjected to empirical verification by examining the yield adjustments which took place in the Government of Canada bond market at the time...
- Treasury 4-Week Bills To Raise $17B New Cash. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32686, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell its $28 billion of four-week discount bills. The bills, which have an issue date of August 7, 2007, and are due September 6, 2007, will allegedly raise $17 billion in new cash by just auctioning $28 billion to refund $11...
- BAB, Other Extensions in Limbo as Tax Bill Drags On. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33336, p1
The article reports on the uncertainty of the plan to extend the Build America Bonds (BABs) program and other bond provisions that are set to expire at the end of 2010 until 2012 in the U.S. It states that Senate Democratic leaders voted against limitations on debate on a revised legislative on...