Sky's the Limit for Raleigh-Durham Airport Bond Issue, Say Raters
- Hitting the roof. Pearson, C. // Architectural Record;Jun1989, Vol. 177 Issue 7, p132
Looks at the design of Terminal C, the newest terminal at Raleigh-Durham International Airport designed by O'Brien/Atkins Associates.
- Flight patterns. Bailey, David // Business North Carolina;Dec93, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p32
Features an account of a typical day in the life of Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina. Beginning of another day at 12:03 AM; Air traffic control at the middle of the night; Bengt Tomasson's landing of aircraft; Arrival of Felicia Villines; Disembarkment of passengers from...
- Radar cuts delays on parallel runways. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/26/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the commissioning by the Federal Aviation Administration of a precision runway monitor (PRM) system at the Raleigh-Durham International Airport at North Carolina Reason; Benefits from the PRM; MSI services as the PRM developer; Features PRM as an electronically scanned (E-Scan)...
- General aviation airport's opening is delayed. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jul93, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the delay in the opening of Franklin County Airport for North Carolina's Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Revised opening schedule.
- RDU flights take a nosedive. // Business North Carolina;Aug2008, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p30
The article reports on decrease in the number of flights at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Statistics are presented showing performance compared last year and projections until November. The impact of reduced flights are mentioned while pointing to factors that caused it including high...
- Drugs & More airport-retail concept takes off. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;11/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the launch of second Drugs & More airport-retail concept of Paradies Shops Inc. in the Raleigh-Durham area airport in North Carolina. A broad assortment of basic health and beauty products, including over- the-counter medications personal care office supplies and greeting...
- IES ALC Presents Air Carrier Award. // Lighting Design & Application;Jun2012, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p70
The article announces that the Maintenance Department of Raleigh-Durham International Airport has received the 2011 Air Carrier Lighting Award, which is presented by IES Airport Committee.
- GEORGIA AND THE CAROLINAS. Carstens, Kay // Association Meetings;
The article presents the establishments in Atlanta and the Carolinas that made them attractive venues for meetings. It mentions the convention-quality hotels in Atlanta that are about to open in 2009 which includes the W Atlanta-Midtown, the St. Regis Buckhead and the Palomar in Midtown. New...
- Corporate Departs RDU. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Nov2001, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p35
Reports the stoppage of the aircraft operation of Corporate Airlines at Raleigh-Durnham International Airport in North Carolina. Termination of employees; Drop in load factors in company operation for Trans World Express; Optimism of Carrier President Chuck Howell despite the unfavorable...