Taxpayer Group Moves To Overturn Prop. 39
- Lawyers' Conflicts Stall N.J. Lawsuit. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;08/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30966, p1
Reports on the plan of the United Taxpayers of New Jersey to file a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of school construction bonds. Conflict of interest of New Jersey bond law experts and school districts; Aid package law.
- Calif. Citizens Group Withdraws Anti-Proposition 39 Measure. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p38
Reports the opposition of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association to the Proposition 39 regarding school bond approval in California. Reversal of the lowered voter-approval threshold for approving school bond issues; Impact of the proposition to taxpayers; Restoration of the two-thirds approval...
- Take note. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;3/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p3
Comments on Mount Laurel Education Association President Chuck Fest's use of the term `old coots' in referring to the senior residents of the Burlington County community that could oppose a school bond in the New Jersey county. Fest's issuance of an apology for the comment; Reaction of the...
- Franchisee groups help resolve conflicts. Koss-Feder, Laura // Hotel & Motel Management;8/15/94, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p15
Discusses the importance of franchise members associations in resolving hotel management conflicts. Advantages of membership to the Ramada Inn International Association (RINA); Opinions of members to the Knights Owners United at the Round Table (KOURT).
- PXI Systems Alliance Attracts New Members. // Instrumentation Newsletter;2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the growth of the PXI Systems Alliance. Number of member companies of the alliance; Enumeration of new members; Adoption of PXI in the industry.
- ICAA membership is a good thing. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Jan2006, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p28
The article presents information on membership for Insulation Contractors Association of America.
- Teachers' attendance at the Academy AGM. // Investigating: Australian Primary & Junior Science Journal;Apr99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Highlights the evaluations received from teachers who attended a symposium sponsored by the Australian Academy of Science. Pioneer International and Queen's Trust as sponsors of the teachers; Comments from the teachers.
- REDEVELOPING Professional Development. Powell, Kathy A.; Krzmarzick, Karen // Association Management;Sep2001, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p33
Presents a case study of the development of an updated training product for members of the National Apartment Association (NAA). Background on NAA; Elements of a successful product development process; Factors that made the study valuable to program development. INSET: Making Sponsors Part of...
- Century-Mark Makeover. Grotz, Pamela J. // Association Management;Nov2002, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p62
Focuses on the management strategy for the National Parent Teacher-Association in the U.S. Reduction in the number of board members; Establishment of a representative system from the membership base; Transition of the governance structure.