Delay threat to Dome sell-off
- Under one roof. Stephens, Suzanne // Architectural Record;Dec1999, Vol. 187 Issue 12, p78
Discusses the design of exhibition zones inside the Millennium Dome in London England. Pie-wedge arrangement centered around a central arena; Sculptural spiraling form for the `Shared Ground' exhibition zone; Abstracted form of the Body Zone; Steel-structured Mind Zone.
- Lack of clear vision turns Dome experience into poor spectacle. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;1/6/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p21
Argues that organizers of the exhibition hall called The Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England, should have decided its purpose in the early planning stages to create a more inspiring experience for visitors. Various attractions in the area; Facility as not living up to expectations; Problems...
- Legacy in Dome talks. // Marketing Event;Oct2000, p6
Reports that Legacy will take over the development of the exhibition site Millennium Dome in London, England. Plans of Legacy for the site; Information on the sponsorship money of the Dome.
- 'Up at The O2' experience campaign begins. Brownsell, Alex // Marketing (00253650);6/27/2012, p8
An image is presented promoting the "Up at The O2" marketing campaign, which allows consumers to walk across the roof of the O2 venue in London, England.
- AEG unveils its plans for O2-backed Dome. Larkin, Jim // Music Week;6/4/2005, Issue 23, p3
Reports on Anschultz Entertainment Group's plan to convert the Millennium Dome in London, England into a live music venue. Budget for the project; Details of the conversion plan.
- the dome. Leapman, Michael // New Statesman;12/25/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4518, p18
Discusses the failure of the Millennium Dome project of Great Britain, an attempt to provide the country a national symbol for the millennium. Comparison of the Dome project with that of the Great Exhibition of 1851; Descriptions of several zones of the Dome; Reasons behind the failure of the Dome.
- Boots demands an end to the Domes' Body Zone queues. // Marketing Week;1/6/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p8
Reports that the chemical company Boots is calling for urgent action to reduce waiting time at lines to the Body Zone, an attraction at the Millennium Dome exhibition hall in Greenwich, England. Boots' co-sponsorship of the Body Zone with Roche and L'Oreal; Mew Millennium Experience Co.'s as...
- ELECTROSONIC AT THE MILLENNIUM DOME. Murphy, Kevin // Image Technology;Apr2000, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the selection of Electrosonic as the audio-visual show control system supplier for the Millennium Dome in London, England. The company is responsible for the design and installation of audio-visual systems in seven major Exhibition zones: Body, Body Explore, Faith, Play,...
- Dome deal was good, but future could still be rocky, says NAO. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;1/14/2005, p10
Reports on the uncertain success of the Millennium Dome site in southeast London despite its sale, according to government auditors in England. Significant risks of the project between English Partnerships, Meridian Delta Ltd. and the Anschutz Entertainment Group; Planned developments in the...