Opex secures Arena contract
- Opex wins sole supplier role at marketing fair. // Event;Nov2002, p9
Reports that Opex Exhibition Services has been appointed full service contractor for the International Direct Marketing Fair (IDMF). Services to be provided by Opex Exhibition Services; Information on Opex's acquisition of production firm Interactive New Media.
- Former Excel man takes up Opex position. // Event;Feb2002, p8
Reports on the decision of Keith Greetham, former commercial director of Excel, to join Opex Exhibition Services as a non-executive director. His responsibilities at Opex; Comment of David O'Connor, managing director of Opex, on the appointment.
- Greetham steps in as Opex chief quits. // Event;Mar2003, p10
Reports on the appointment of Keith Greetham chief executive at Opex Exhibition Services. Statement from Greetham on his vision for the company; Acquisition planned by Opex.
- Game on for arena, but bets are off. Breyerova, Petra // Prague Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the construction of the ice hockey arena in Prague, Czech Republic by the betting company, Sazka Co. in time for the World Ice Hockey Championships in April 2004. Refusal of the government to offer guarantees on a loan for the construction project; Cost of the project; Details about...
- Sazka is in over its head, critics say. Vandrovec, David // Prague Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Details the construction of an ice hockey arena by the Czech Republic-based betting company, Sazka Co. Costs of the construction project; Prospects for the use of the arena for athletic and cultural events; Refusal of several investors to guarantee a loan for the construction project.
- Arena is a go, proponents say. McClain, Randy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/8/95, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the possible approval of a multi-million proposed arena next to the Superdome in New Orleans, La. Criticisms against the proposed arena; Plans for the utilization of the arena.
- A league of their own. // Event;Apr2003, p23
Describes the use of sports arenas in Great Britain as event facilities. Advantage of sports venues to event organizers; Other amenities that sports arenas could offer; Effect of the sporting calendar to clients of event organizers.
- Glycol-based solution keeps rink virtually maintenance-free. // Engineered Systems;Dec96, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on the use of an ethylene glycol-based heat-transfer fluid to maintain the ice at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. Maintenance of indirect cooling and refrigeration system used to control sub-freezing temperatures in the concrete floor underneath the ice surface; Dow Chemical Co.'s...
- Time has come for a new arena. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6A
Editorial. Makes observations concerning the plan of Indianapolis, Indiana to build a replacement facility for the Market Square Arena. Initial plan to upgrade the sports facility; Amount set aside for upgrade project.