Xmas comes earlier
- New Dublin distribution hub. // Traffic World;06/02/97, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p45
Reports on British freight forwarding and logistics group Davies Turner' handling of North American traffic for distribution throughout Ireland at its branch office in Dublin. Davies Turner's offer of daily import trailer services into Ireland from each of the company's four main British hubs;...
- DAVIES TURNER TO DOUBLE SIZE OF NEW MIDLANDS HUB. // Export Today's Global Business;May2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p79
Reports on the construction of Davies Turner's West Midlands freight terminal at Coleshill in Britain in 2000. Overview of the expansion project; Purpose of the expansion; Comment from joint managing director Philip Stephenson.
- New UK air freight terminal. // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p54
Reports that Davies Turner Air Cargo has opened an air cargo terminal at Manchester International Airport in the north of England. Peter Castree as joint managing director; Features of the cargo terminal; Regional facilities of the company.
- Investing in tech. Cassidy, William B. // Traffic World;02/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p43
Focuses on the contributions which information technology has made to Davies Turner and Company Limited, with emphasis on the site which the company has launched on the World Wide Wed. Description of this site; Benefits to be derived from the use of the Web; Comments from Philip Stephenson,...
- Tracking European freight. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;07/20/98, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p33
Deals with Freight Intermodal Tracking in Europe (FITE) intermodal tracking system that is being tested by the British freight forwarder Davies Turner & Co. Ltd. Comment from Adrian Firminger, truck control manager for Davies; What the study will determine.
- Davies Turner starts multi-million pound Bristol hub expansion. // Motor Transport;7/19/2007, p7
The article reports that Davies Turner has begun work on a multi-million pound expansion of its existing freight and logistics hub at Bristol, England. The Western freight terminal is expected to be completed in March 2008. It will comprise two warehouses within the same secure perimeter fence,...
- NEWS. // Motor Transport;4/8/2004, p3
Discusses the latest developments in the transportation industry in Great Britain as of 2004. Importance of a new warehouse management system to Exel's Tradeteam; Information on the plan of Severn Trent Property to sell part of the site of the Daventry Rail Freight Terminal; Reason for the...
- Plan ahead. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p1C
Lists the top reasons why employers should plan their Christmas holiday parties early.
- Davies Turner loses Primark. // Motor Transport;3/2/2006, p1
The article reports on the efforts of forwarder Davies Turner to seek new traffic for its West Midlands Freight Terminal at Coleshill in Birmingham, England in 2006. The effort is part of Primark's initiative to move all its distribution work to TNT. The TNT warehouse at Magna Park, which was...