Recruitment firm collapses in debt
- The Information Content of Losses: Shareholder Liquidation Option and Earnings Reversals. Sin, Samantha; Watts, Edward // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p327
Investigates the information content of losses using Australian data. Shareholder liquidation options; Earnings response coefficient; Earning reversals; Financial health.
- Directors pull plug on power line firm nSine. // Electronics Weekly;11/6/2002, Issue 2075, p1
Focuses on the liquidation of power line communications company nSine Ltd. in Reading, England as of 2002. Job cuts; Amount raised by nSine in equity finance in September 2001.
- Leading Scottish surveyor firm ceases trading. Thomas, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);1/18/2012, p9
The article reports that one of the leading Scottish surveyor firm has ceased trading after directors decided to place the company into liquidation. According to liquidator Campbell Dallas, Barr Brady Chartered Surveyors had suffered losses in recent years and the firm's seven directors decided...
- Winding up? Get your timing right. // Accountancy;Nov75, Vol. 86 Issue 987, p13
Discusses the importance of timing of winding-up a company in Great Britain. Facts, issue and ruling in the case 'Ayerst (Inspector of Taxes) v. C&K (Construction) Ltd.'; Ownership of the company's beneficial interest; Requisites before the new owner of a troubled company can benefit from the...
- John Michael's Restaurant closes, owners file Chap. 7. Stewart, Marc // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA9
Reports on the Chapter 7 liquidation of business filed by the owners of John Michael's Restaurant and Bar, an eatery at the corner of Division Street and Francis Avenue in Spokane, Washington. Operation of the establishment by JM Siok Holding Co. LLC; Listed assets.
- Bad debts take PR Products down. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Mar2009, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Pontardawe Refrigeration Products in Swansea, Wales, was forced into liquidation following a spate of bad debts and a recent fall in orders. Two of Pontardawe's customers, the Auxilia Group and the Denman Group, went into administration and their subsequent liquidation...
- No preferential creditors in 'corporate' partnership. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Oct84, Vol. 95 Issue 1094, p54
Presents the case concerning companies carried on a business partnership in Great Britain. Role of the judge in deciding the position of creditors on the liquidation of the firms; Division of net profits and losses between the businesses; Authorization of the liquidator of the companies to...
- Mortgage Advisory Centre faces receivers. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;8/4/2005, p64
Reports on the liquidation of Scottish mortgage and insurance broker, the Mortgage Advisory Center resulting from a number of endowment claims. Financial losses; Market and economic indicators.
- Bathgate furniture retailer enters liquidation. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p6
The article reports that family-run furniture retailer Design Success Ltd. decided to underwent liquidation after increasing pressures caused by economic crisis in Scotland.