Gillette starts female drive
- Gillette's Sensor takes on disposables in $95 mil push. Sloan, Pat // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on the advertising campaign for Gillette Co.'s Sensor Excel razor. Desire to steal business from disposable razors; Gillette's advertising strategy as paying off; Gillette as the leader in the United States blades and razors market; Prime-time television and sports programming as part...
- Gillette is raising its voice to women. Tode, Chantal // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 88, p10
Details the worldwide advertising campaigns launched by Gillette Company for its female shaving products. Amount unveiled by the company for the advertising campaigns; Purpose and mission of the worldwide campaign; Inclusion of female shaving products in the Gillette family.
- Marketing Briefs. // Marketing News;4/12/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
The article reports on the advertising campaign launched by Gillette Co. for its ATRA PLUS shaving system in the U.S. in the 1985. The company spent $7 million for the campaign and $9 million for sales promotion. A television advertisement was positioned on prime time and sports programming. The...
- Taking It Off the Chin. Klara, Robert // Adweek;6/11/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p32
The article discusses the evolution of advertisements for electric shavers from the first electric shaver ad in 1963 to the Gillette "Masters of Style" advertising campaign in 2012. Topics discussed include the technical information included in early electric shaver ads, the progression of...
- Gillette touts 'best' features. // Advertising Age;1/17/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p6
This article reports on an advertising campaign that was launched by Gillette Co. for its Mach3 shavers during a professional football playoffs in the U.S. This campaign was part of the company's global marketing effort for 2000. The total budget allotted for the marketing effort was $350...
- Bic and Gillette spearhead raft of launches in ladies' sector as brands battle for share. // Marketing Week;1/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the marketing competition between disposable women's razor manufacturers, Bic and Gillette. Products to be launched by both companies; Gillette's product improvements.
- Shaving Cream of the Crop. Facenda, Vanessa L. // Brandweek;7/23/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p37
The article describes an advertising campaign by Gillette that features athletes Roger Federer, Tiger Woods and Thierry Henry. The article states that the campaign reinforces the maxim that every day is a new chance to be better, and that the athletes were chosen for their accomplishments and...
- Cutting edge thermoform launches Mach 3. // Packaging Digest;Nov99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p72
Focuses on the packaging of Gillette Co.'s Mach 3 triple-blade shaver. Use of a thermoformed package concept; Incorporation of a special, cosmetically-clear high-impact package; Package as offering total merchandising flexibility; Collaboration with Placon Corp., an integrated packaging...
- A Double-Edged Triple Blade. Taylor, Alex // Fortune;5/25/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p52
Comments on the Mach3 razor from Gillette. Performance of an early production model; Conclusion that it gives a faster and closer shave; Reservations about the turning radius on the wider head.