Virgin Ventures To The States
- VIRGIN MOBILE USA REDESIGNS. // Brand Packaging;Sep2007, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p46
The article reports on package re-designing efforts by Virgin Mobile USA. As a pioneer of pre-paid phones in the U.S., Virgin was prompted to undergo re-designing due to subsequent entries in the categories by traditional wireless companies. The effort came up with a racecar-shaped clamshell,...
- Virgin Mobile USA: Unlimited at $80 per month. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the launch of Totally Unlimited calling plan by mobile virtual network operator Virgin Mobile USA Inc. in the U.S. It states that the plan provide opportunity for its customers to avail unlimited call for $80 per month and an additional of $10 for unlimited messaging. It...
- Virgin Mobile: 4.6M users and counting. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p8
The article highlights the announcement by Virgin Mobile USA LLC that it finished 2006 with 4.6 million customers in the U.S. The company introduced penny texting, hybrid price plans and an ad-time-for-airtime service called SugarMama. The mobile virtual network operator has been in business for...
- Retailers Key To Virgin's Strategy. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;11/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p26
Discusses the role of retailers in the retail strategy of wireless handset maker Virgin Mobile USA. Number of locations where Virgin sells its cellular handsets; Details of Virgin's retail strategy; Opinion of Visage Mobile on selling wireless services from others.
- PREPAID RENAISSANCE. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;6/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p8
Discusses the decision of U.S. wireless communication operators to retool their prepaid plans in order to attract new customers. Statistics of the customer base of Virgin Mobile USA; Decline in the prepaid customer base of Verizon Wireless; Benefits of offering postpaid perks.
- Only strongest MVNOs will survive. Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on the challenges faced by mobile virtual network operations (MVNOs) companies in the U.S. These are the failure of MVNOs firms to promote their products to the right customers and the failure to utilize retail stores for the marketing of wireless devices. However, it reveals...
- A rose by any other name... Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on the service issue of mobile virtual network operators (MNVO) in the U.S. wireless communication industry. Definition of the business model; Services offered by Virgin Mobile USA LLC; Market strategy of MNVO.
- Carriers target youth market via prepaid, unlimited local plans. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p3
Provides information on the marketing strategies used by several wireless telecommunication companies to attract the youth market. Yankee Group; Tracfone Wireless Inc.; Virgin Mobile USA.
- Virgin Mobile USA links debit card, airtime credit. // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the launch of the Stash prepaid Visa debit card by Virgin Mobile USA LLC that can be linked to Virgin Mobile phones. The prepaid debit card will be issued by Inter National Bank and is offered through NetSpend, which processes and markets reloadable debit cards. Features...