Fourth Quarter Smiles On Regional Carriers
- Sprint Hitches A Ride On The Highway. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p25
Announces the switching on of coverage by Sprint PCS affiliate Airgate PCS Inc., along Interstate 85 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Mechanics of the affiliate plan of the two companies; Role of Airgate in the affiliate program; Breakdown of the company's market in South Carolina.
- AirGate PCS lowers costs under new Sprint deal. // RCR Wireless News;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the changes to the management and services agreements of Sprint PCS affiliate AirGate PCS Inc. regarding back-office billing and service changes. Benefits of the new customer activation fees and roaming rates to AirGate; Settlement of various financial and contractual disputes...
- Affiliates take advantage of brand relationship while serving individual market needs. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p16
Discusses the benefits of using affiliates to manage and operate local markets in the wireless communication industry. Terms of the partnership of Sprint PCS with affiliate AirGate PCS; Operation of AT&T licenses by Triton PCS.
- Struggling with iPCS, AirGate delays financials. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Reports that AirGate PCS Inc. would delay filing its annual 10-K report to allow time for the company to review its financial relationship with Sprint PCS. Date set for its filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Impact of the delay on its discount notes; Amount of impairment...
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p30
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication system in the United States. Supply deal between AirGate PCS and Lucent Technologies; Test on multiple vendor wireless network by Sprint PCS.
- AirGate Faces Class Action Suit. // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p6
Reports on a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of shareholders of wireless carrier Airgate PCS against Sprint PCS affiliate, AirGate. Allegations against AirGate; Reaction of AirGate to the allegations.
- Affiliates suffer soft economy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the financial problems faced by the affiliates of Sprint PCS company in the wireless communications sector in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Possible de listing of Alamosa Holdings Inc. from the New York Stock Exchange; Downgrade of the corporate credit rating of AirGate PCS...
- AirGate PCS begins exchange offer under
recapitalization plan. // RCR Wireless News;1/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the exchange offer of Sprint PCS affiliate AirGate PCS Inc. for all of its outstanding discount notes for newly issued common stock and secured notes as part of its recapitalization plans. Terms of the offer; Price of AirGate stock.
- AirGate details ARPU plans. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p21
Reports on the plans of AirGate PCS for its average revenue per user (ARPU). Investment of Sprint to provide next-generation wireless technology in its coverage area; Average cost per gross reported by AirGate; Growth in the data component of ARPU.