PCIA Broadens Its Horizons
- Scanning... Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Reports on changes concerning the membership sections of the Personal Communications Industry Association. Name change of the Association of Communications Technicians to the Alliance of Wireless Communications Engineers and Technicians; Formation of the Mobile Wireless...
- PCIA embraces LMDS contingent. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p11
Annouces a plan to create a membership council which would represent local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) operators by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA). What is LMDS; Information the PCIA; Comments from Jay Kitchen, president of the PCIA.
- PCIA backs limits for SMR auction. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Looks at the request of the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) that the Federal Communications Commission allow wireless carriers to participate in an upcoming auction for market areas in the MHz-860 MHz band. Other suggestions by the association; Comments from Donald Vasek,...
- PCIA challenges fee increases. // RCR;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p5
States that United States regulatory fee increases were challenged by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) between April 20 and 24, 1998. Reason the increases were challenged; Argument from the PCIA; What the Federal Communications Commission has done; Comments from the...
- PCIA awaits OK on siting database. // RCR;01/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p16
Reports that approval from the Justice Department is being awaited by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) for a national database that will include information on potential wireless site locations targeting updated and collocation opportunities. How long the Justice...
- PCIA underscores need to make wireless competitive. Wayne, Debra // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p24
Looks at the efforts of the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) at promoting more competition within the wireless telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on a legislative backed program introduced by the PCIA; Role of PCIA President Jay Kitchen in the creation...
- PCIA offers global research. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the availability of the Global M-User Market Research from the Personal Communications Industry Association in September 2001. What the market research data provides companies.
- PCIA reponds to Ivan. // RCR;03/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p3
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association launched an advertisement called `Ivan's Search for Freedom is Over,' in response to MCI Communication Corporation's portrayal of American consumers lack of freedom to choose from more than one local phone service provider. ...
- PCIA reinvents show to focus on 'm-user'. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p2
Reports on changes in the trade show of the Personal Communications Industry Association in 2001 held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. Focus of the 2001 trade show; Purpose of the changes; Highlights of the trade show.