Tauzin Gives Big Talk
- Tauzin Delivers Bill for Bells. O'Connor, Rory J. // Interactive Week;4/30/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p11
Focuses on a bill introduced by United States Representative Billy Tauzin (R-La.) which would give telecommunications companies relief from significant portions of the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Amendments made to the bill; Views on the bill.
- Tauzin, Hundt agree. // Electronic Media;12/16/96-12/23/96, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p80
Presents information on a warning by Republican Billy Tauzin and Federal Communications Commission's Chairman Reed Hundt concerning limitations associated with the Telecommunications Act in the United States. How the law has impacted on phone and cable rates.
- Two Bells and all's not well. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p40
Reports that differing United States Congress versions of Representative Billy Tauzin's broadband deregulation-bill are expected to further dim the bill's chances for passage. Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Ernest Hollings' opposition to Tauzin's plan to let regional Bell phone monopolies...
- Tauzin Tells Hollings He'll Decline Invite. // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p50
Reports the decline of House Commerce Committee chairman Billy Tauzin to testify on broadband legislation in the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee. Invitation from the opponent of the bill Senator Ernest Hollings; Deregulation of broadband services from the provision of the bill.
- FCC in direct line of fire from Hill. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p19
Reports on United States Representative Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce legislation seeking to reduce the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) powers. Other lawmakers who plan to support Tauzin's campaign to restrict the FCC's policy-making authority.
- Legislators introduce substitute e-rate plan. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p15
Discusses the legislation introduced July 23, 1998 by Senator Conrad Burns (R-Mont.) and Republican Billy Tauzin (R-La.) for universal service telecommunications discounts for libraries and schools. What the proceeds of the tax would go towards; Reaction from both legislators.
- BigTalk Features Lockwood Purcell, Seybold. // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p3
Deals with the online discussion on the WirelessWeek.com Web site which features Judith Lockwood Purcell, editorial director of the `Wireless Week' periodical, and mobile communication industry expert Andrew Seybold.
- FCC Moves Won't Slow Data-Dereg Bill. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p20
Reports on the progress of a legislative bill introduced by Representatives Billy Tauzin and John Dingell to deregulate telephone companies' data services in the United States. Telephone companies' petition for government incentives to bring broadband services to rural markets; United States...
- Tauzin begins march to FCC reform. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p22
Reports on United States House telecommunications subcommittee chairman Billy Tauzin's plan to introduce legislation to reform the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Anger over the FCC's implementation of the Telecommunication Act of 1996; Initial bipartisan support for FCC reform;...