DT Delays Deal To Merge
- VoiceStream, Powertel shareholders approve merger with DT. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the approval and adoption by the shareholders for VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. of proposed mergers between the two American companies with German's Deutsche Telekom AG.
- DT, VoiceStream, Powertel merger expected to close May 31. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the merger agreement between Deutsche Telecom AG, VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. Election by VoiceStream stockholders for the type of merger consideration they will receive.
- German Letter Eases Fears Over VoiceStream Merger. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p20
Reports on a letter sent by Michael Steiner, Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, to United States National Security Advisor Samuel Berger. Issue on the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom; Stake of the German government...
- Deutsch Telekom buying spree boosts GSM. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;09/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p8
Reports the acquisition of Powertel company by VoiceStream Wireless which was backed by Deutsche Telekom. Implication of the acquisition to the United States wireless communication standard; Benefit offered by the acquisition on the global systems for mobile communications (GSM) technology; How...
- 6 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;8/28/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p22
The article recalls the acquisition of regional wireless operator Powertel Inc. by VoiceStream Wireless Corp. for $5.89 billion in August 2000. Powertel completed the nationwide network of the carrier that included licenses covering 250 million potential customers and a network covering 120...
- Global Mobile Titans Rise. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;6/11/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p32
Reports on the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom AG. Value of the deal; Its implications; Information on the status of Britain's Vodafone Group in the mobile communications industry.
- DT buy of VoiceStream, Powertel officially done. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p53
Reports on the closing of the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom as of June 4, 2001. Shares of stocks received by VoiceStream shareholders; Terms of the deal.
- DT-VoiceStream price up for renegotiation. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
Reports the delay in the purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom AG in the United States. Renegotiation for the acquisition price; Value of the deal; Readiness of the US Securities and Exchange Commission to grant approval of the acquisition.
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...