Where Wireless Subs Can Roam
- Nextel runs into SouthernLinc as it sweetens 800 MHz pot. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the offer of Nextel Communications Inc. to give more spectrum to the U.S. government to solve public-safety interference at 800 Mhz. View of other licensees on the re-banding proposal of Nextel; Reasons behind the dismissal of arguments made by other licensees by Nextel; Provision of...
- FCC pressured to act on 2-year-old SouthernLINC request. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p19
The article reports that a bipartisan group of House lawmakers has urged the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to act on SouthernLINC Wireless' two-year-old request for eligibility to draw on universal service funds to serve rural areas in several Southeast states of its territory. The...
- Trickle-Down Effects of 800 MHz Rebanding. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the impact of the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to realign the 800 megahertz band on rural wireless telecommunications company SouthernLINC Wireless. Brief history of the company; Decline in the revenues posted by the company for the first quarter of 2005;...
- BBB Unit Rules On iDEN Ads. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p36
Deals with the claim filed by Southern LINC with the Better Business Bureau's National Advertising Division (NAD) in March 2002 over alleged false and misleading advertisement of Nextel Communications Inc. with its service using the iDEN technology. Decision of NAD to the case; Action taken by...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
Presents news briefs on telecommunication in the U.S. as of January 2003. Effort of Southern LINC to offer Motorola 188 handsets; Contract landed by Nextel Communications from the U.S. government for communication gear and services; Agreement signed by CellStar Corporation with Trimble for...
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.
- Toward gentility. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p54
Comments on Nextel Communications' opposition against a petition filed with the US Federal Communications Commission, wherein it was noted that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau had made errors in granting licenses to Nextel. Nextel's failure to defend the appropriateness of its licenses;...
- An invitation to scrutiny. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the relation of Nextel Communications Inc. with U.S. Federal Communications Commission's Wireless Telecom Bureau. Plan of Nextel to swap broadband spectrum; Implications of Nextel's proposal.
- Nextel Applauds Spectrum Increase. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the reaction of Nextel Communications Inc. on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to increase available telecommunication spectrum in the 800 megahertz (MHz) band. How Nextel view the FCC decision; Bid of Nextel in the 800 MHz auction.