Metricom Races Time . . . Again
- Metricom offers affordable wireless Net service. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;3/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, pI-5
Reports on the offer of Metricom Inc. of a wireless Internet access. Price of the service; Requirement rate for wired connections to the Internet; Mechanism of Metricom's network; Customer base of Metricom; Wireline carriers as main competitors; Goal of Metricom Inc. INSET: Built for speed: The...
- 5 years ago this monthâ€¦. // RCR Wireless News;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p30
Focuses on the plan of wireless network operator Metricom Inc. to launch a Ricochet service in the U.S. in October 3, 2000. Sale of the Ricochet data network by Metricom; Introduction of Ricochet services in Atlanta, Georgia and San Diego, California in the summer of 2000.
- Bandwidth everywhere, but at what price? Machrone, Bill // PC Week;10/05/98, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p73
Discusses the Ricochet wireless Internet service from Metricom. How it works; Data transmission speeds; The mobility in promises; Pricing; How it compares to access via a cable modem; Pricing for cable access.
- A WIRELESS RICOCHET RIGHT OUT OF DSL HELL. Baltazar, Henry // eWeek;02/26/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p68
Comments on the Ricochet wireless Internet access service from Metricom. Subscription cost for digital subscription line technology; Capabilities of Ricochet; Usability of the product to business travelers.
- Internet access hits the road. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p94
Reports on the introduction of a wireless system that delivers internet, e-mail and online capabilities to laptop computers without a phone line or Ethernet connections. Use of microcell radios attached to the tops of light poles.
- Unwiring the netheads. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/25/96, Vol. 231 Issue 22, p34
Presents Metricom's global plans for its wireless data service. Corporate goal; Market niche in the wide-open wireless access to the Internet, corporate intranets, e-mail and other data applications; Composition of Metricom's network architecture; Corporate philosophy on development and adoption...
- Ricochet bounces into Westchester, region. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p6
Announces the plan of Metricom Inc. to expand its Ricochet wireless service into Westchester and metropolitan New York. Approvals gained by Metricom to install relays in New Rochelle and Pleasantville; Marketing strategy planned for the Ricochet service.
- Metricom offers affordable wireless net service. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-5
Highlights Metricom Inc.'s offer of Ricochet wireless Internet services, affordable high-speed wireless mobile Internet access, in San Francisco Bay, Seattle and Washington D.C. Benefits of operating in an unlicensed spectrum; Operation of the net service; Deployment strategy; Balance of prices...
- Metricom targets travelers. // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p242
Reports on Metricom Inc.'s expansion of its Ricochet wireless data network to major airports in the United States.