- Cingular bows ra-ra ringtones. Scally, Robert // License!;Jan2002, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p32
Focuses on the ringtone service provided by Cingular Wireless Inc. for its web-enabled cell phone users in 2002. Estimated number of ringtones available; Cost of downloading each ringtone.
- Alltel strikes dual-technology roaming deals. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
The article discusses the go-to roaming carrier deal offered by Alltel Corp. in May 2006. The company extended its roaming agreement with Cingular until 2012, and the pact includes voice roaming as well as data services. The deal provides Alltel access to Sprint Nextel's extensive the carrier's...
- Voice-services speak up. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;6/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the growing trend toward voice-activated services in the mobile communications market. Software companies supporting speech-driven applications; Comments from Larry Sipovic, product development manager for US Cellular; Subscription fee of the Voice Connect platform launched by...
- Cingular takes the plunge. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/11/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 24, p26
Presents information on the DirectBill micropayment solution from the company Cingular Wireless that allows customers to purchase digital goods through wireless telephones or the Internet. Implications of the service to the growth of mobile commerce; Difficulties encountered in marketing the...
- RING UP. Cruz, Clarissa // Entertainment Weekly;5/24/2002, Issue 655, p21
Features a mobile phone from Cingular Wireless Inc., inspired by the motion picture 'Spider-Man.'
- ADAM'S RIB, OR IS THAT A CELLPHONE? // Caribbean Business;7/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p24
The article reports that men are communicating far more than women, on their cell phones. For the fifth-consecutive year, men are gabbing more than women in the wireless world, according to an annual survey conducted for Cingular Wireless LLC. Men are chatting 35% more on their wireless phones...
- Cingular to invest $100 million in new GSM network. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/14/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
Reports on an investment to be made by Cingular Wireless to deploy a Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) network in Puerto Rico. Supply of the GSM network by Northern Telecom; Plans regarding the migration of customers from the Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) network to GSM.
- Cingular releases Nokia 9300 into crowded market. // RCR Wireless News;4/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p24
The article reports on the Nokia 9300 smart cellular phone released by Cingular Wireless LLC in the U.S. as of April 2006. Nokia and Cingular Wireless and market watchers will observe with keen interest how the smart phone sells in the U.S. now that Cingular is offering the handset with service...
- Cingular Jingles New M-commerce Services. // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p40
Announces the launching of the mobile commerce services of Cingular Wireless in December 2000. Services offered by the company; Forms of services comprising its entry into the mobile commerce sector.