- Opinions split over Taft's environmental initiatives. Johnson, Alan // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on the proposal to raise $400 million for two environmental initiatives in Ohio. Use of money from bond sale for cleaning up polluted industrial properties in urban areas; Use of a second bond issue for preserving green space and farmland; Reaction of environmental groups and public...
- Keeping environmental bonds going is one thing Florida can agree on. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p1
Reports on the continuing political and public support for environmental bonds in Florida. Preservation of nearly one million acres of natural habitat in the state due to the Preservation 2000 program; Positive prospects for a new bond program that could add $3 billion more of revenue bonds...
- Michigan tests shiny new ratings with $90 million in environmental bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;05/20/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30397, p52
Details the plan of city officials in Michigan to sell $90 million of environmental protection bonds. Strong demand for high-quality paper in the state; Boston, Massachusetts-based Tucker Anthony Inc. as the financial adviser for the bond issue.
- Environmental. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p31A
Reports on the performance of environmental bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Volume decline; New money issuance; Fixed-rate; Variable-rate; Forecast about landfills; Forecast of a diversification in the revenues; Bond issuance.
- Broward County, Fla., Officials OK Up to $200M of Park GOs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p1
Reports that Broward County, Florida commissioners have approved the sale of a first tranche from a general obligation bond program authorized by voters to buy land for parks and environmental protection. Lag time between authorization; Approval of the Safe Parks and Land Preservation Bond...
- Little-used bond money eyed for brownfields. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;7/12/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p17
The article reports that Lansing, Michigan is expected to invest some of the money in the brownfield cleanup program, from 1 billion dollars environmental bond passed by voters in 2002 for upgrading sewer systems. It is stated that the state is expected to run out of most of its funds by year's...
- Bond battle: LA wetlands at issue. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30726, p1
Reports that a few environmental groups in California is hoping to use proceeds from the sale of state general obligation bonds to buy and endangered wetlands near the Los Angeles River. Structure of the Mello-Roos debt financing; Funding being sought by the Wetlands Action Network.
- $550 million environmental program may soon go to Michigan House vote. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;05/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30402, p39
States that members of Michigan Congress is expected to decide to ask voters to approve a $550 million general obligation environmental bonding program sponsored by US Republican Representative Tom Alley. Background on the program; Proceeds for the bonding.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // National Parks;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 77 Issue 7/8, p18
Presents news briefs related to parks and recreation areas in the U.S. as of August 2003. Contribution of Eleanor Holmes Norton, a member of the National Parks Conservation Association, to the passage of a legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives to include the home of African-American...