- Humble, Tex., Bond Referendum Gets Rejected. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p3
Reports on the defeat of a multi-million-dollar bond referendum in Humble, Texas' Humble Independent School District. Vote margin of the defeat; Scope of the bond proposal.
- Voters set to decide fate of Omaha schools' issue. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p4
Reports on the bond referendum the Omaha, Nebraska Public School District will hold to seek voters' approval of $253.9 million of general obligation bonds. Board of Education members' unanimous vote in favor of the bond request; Plan to use proceeds from the issue to build and improve...
- Dallas ISD Considers Presenting Historic Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p4
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based Independent School District (ISD) will consider a proposal for multi-billion dollar bond referendum for school debt. Outline of five-year bond plan; Approval of a multi-million bond packages by referendum; Assessment of a debt service tax rate by ISD.
- Georgia. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p28
Announces Schools superintendent Gene Buinger's plan to ask his School Board to approve a March 1998 referendum on whether the school district should sell $118 million of general obligation bonds to finance an eight-year effort of school construction and renovation in Bibb County in Georgia.
- N.J. Voters OK Five School Bond Requests Totaling $78M. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p4
The article reports on approval of five bond referendums in New Jersey totaling just over 78 million dollars by voters in school districts. Voters however rejected the two most expensive proposals. Proceeds from the bond issue will be used for school improvements, renovations and additions....
- Wary Texas Voters Reject Nearly Halfof$1.3B Sought at Elections. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p1
Reports on the endorsement of new bond authorizations by voters in Texas. Opposition of voters on the new debt sought by Spring Independent School District; Other bond proposals being opposed by voters; Need of schools of new facilities because of the state's steady growth in students.
- Seaman No, Shawnee Yes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31944, p31
Reports that voters in Seaman Unified School District 345 in Kansas have rejected an $8 million general obligation bond referendum while a $168 million sales tax revenue bond plan won approval in Shawnee County.
- Austin Augmentation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p31
Reports on a citizens' bond advisory committee's recommendation that the Austin Independent School District increase the size of a planned bond referendum in Texas. Value of the bond; Factors contributing to the projected demand for schools; Taxpayers' call for upgraded technology and science...
- Six Utah School Districts Pass $632 Million Worth of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p36
The article reports on the approval of bond referendums by voters in six school districts in Utah. The approval would give way for more than $632 million of general obligation issuance. The proceeds will finance six new elementary schools, reconstruction of an existing facility and a new junior...