- Wash. High Court Won't Hear Appeal in Prudential Case. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by bondholders of roughly $20 million of tax-exempt bonds that were sold by an arm of the Holmes Harbor Sewer District against most of the transaction participants. The Washington Supreme Court refused to review an appeals court ruling that found...
- Pudential case considered by Supreme Court. Holter, James T. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
Presents the appeal made by William S. Scott of Creative Strategy Fund to the United States Supreme Court about the Prudential Securities case. Reasons for the appeal.
- Definition of `advisers' questioned in Chicago yield-burning cases. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30698, p4
Reports on two yield-burning lawsuits in Chicago, Illinois. Lawsuits filed against Prudential Securities Inc., Everen Securities Inc., Deloitte and Touche and Altschuler Melvoin and Glasser; Details of the lawsuits.
- Chicago law firm tries to keep YB suit alive. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p3
Focuses on law firm Krislov & Associates' filing of an objection to a United States magistrate's recommendation to dismiss the yield-burning litigation against Prudential Securities Inc., Everen Securities Inc. and two accounting firms. Expiration of the statute of limitations on any federal...
- New suits for Pru. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;11/29/93, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p42
Reports on fraud allegations faced by Prudential Securities Inc. from investors who contend that the company engaged in a racketeering conspiracy through the sale of limited partnerships in the 1980s.
- Prudential Securities settles U.S. fraud charges. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec94, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the settlement of a lawsuit filed against Prudential Securities Inc. for fraud. Agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission; Amount involved in the settlement.
- Prudential Securities settles with Texas. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/24/94, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the settlement of a lawsuit filed by the state of Texas against Prudential Securities. Reasons for lawsuit; Allegations of investor fraud; Terms of settlement.
- Pru Securities' settlement offer get nod from judge. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/31/94, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p3
Reports that the settlement of Prudential Securities' three-year energy partnership dispute for $90.7 million brought the brokerage firm a step closer from distancing itself from limited partnership woes of the 1980s. Overview of the settlement.
- Pru Securities' LP tab is $435 million and climbing. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/30/95, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p3
Reports on developments in lawsuits and claims against Prudential Securities Inc. (Pru). Expiration of agreement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Adverse publicity from ongoing SEC investigations; Report filed in January 1995 by SEC claims administrator Irving Pollack; Suit...