N.J. Legislators Criticize Newark Arena Financing Plan
- Bill Augmenting N.J. Transportation Fund Ready for Signing. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p32
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's approval of a bill allowing the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund to receive $3.8 billion for transportation projects. Bonding cap for the trust fund; Increase in the amount appropriated from the state's gas tax to the fund.
- Whitman endorses N.J. sports agency study for new Meadowlands arena. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p1
Reports that Governor Christine Todd Whitmann has given the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority permission to go with plans of building a basketball and hockey arena to replace the Continental Airlines Arena. Serving of taxpayers' interest; Review of possible alternatives.
- Proposed truck ban draws fire. // Overdrive;Nov99, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p156
Reports on the criticisms against New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's plans to implement legislation banning big trucks passing through the state. Flaws in Whitman's proposed legislation according to trucking businesses.
- N.J. governor agrees to delay school-voucher legislation. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;1/18/95, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the retreat by New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman from her support of school-voucher program for Jersey City. Alternative plan by Whitman; Voucher proponents; Features of the proposal under discussion.
- Some slippery statistics. Scarry, Donald M. // Northern New Jersey Business;5/31/95, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p22
Comments on the budget proposals of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Office of Legislative Services' comments on the budget's revenue forecasts; Expected savings from privatization proposals; Job conditions of replacement workers.
- New Jersey bans the sale of dog and cat fur. // Dog World;May2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the bill signed by New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman that bans the sale of dog or cat fur and products made from it.
- Walking a fine line on taxes. McDonald, Marci // U.S. News & World Report;10/27/97, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p29
Focuses on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Whitman as a popular Republican politician and probable candidate for the United States' presidency; The effect of her administration's tax cuts on the state.
- Gov. Whitman signs bills on BC/BS investments in HMOs, other subsidiaries; ends DMV hounding of dead debtors. // Insurance Advocate;11/28/98, Vol. 109 Issue 47, p19
Reports on the bills signed into law by New Jersey Governor Christine Whitman. Lifting of the ceiling on assets with limited investments in subsidiaries; Provisions of a bill about car insurance premium discount; Law that bars the Division Motor Vehicles to collect surcharges from the dead.
- Spotlight on tourism. // Business News New Jersey;04/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p4
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's announcement of a $50,000 grant for upgrading the state's tourism Web page. Capitalizing on travelers' use of the Internet as primary source of information; Public expenditure on tourism for 1998.